A new one on me ?

Hello dears :grimacing:

Apologies if this has been done before :cry:

Yesterday afternoon in the yard, a few of us were accosted by the boss for tacho infringements. The analysing software is essentially saying that a 45 minute break only covers you for driving hours. The example given is if you drive for 4 and 1/2 hours then take a 45 break, you must take another break after a further 1 and 1/2 hours drive/work ( a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  6 hours) to comply with WTD regs :open_mouth:

I admit to being as baffled as the other lads and, give him his due, the boss as well, and unless Iā€™ve missed something, as far as Iā€™m aware a 45 minute break ā€œresets the clockā€ for both driverā€™s hours and WTD regs :question: :question:

Anybody shed any light on this?

Thanks in advance.

I think he best change the analysis company, :open_mouth:

I agree with Drift, breaks are breaks they count for both WTD and Drivers Hours regsā€¦unless Iā€™m very much mistaken in which case I may need to do my dCPC all over again.
Iā€™m guessing your boss has not understood the analysis software properly or it has a glitch.

Edit: Also donā€™t you only need 15 minutes for 6 Hours then another 15 between 6- 9 then another 15 for something else which I also couldnā€™t give a f-ook about. :confused:

Yeh a break is a break and satisfies bother regs as stated

someone need shooting and it looks like the twit whoā€™s listening to your analysis company and donā€™t understand the regulations themselves :unamused: .

Fold a4 into 4 slice the folds place a sharp object through the corner, thread with string and hang in the loo for emergency use :wink:

TJ82:
Yeh a break is a break and satisfies bother regs as stated

Which is what all of us, including the boss, thought. Hence the bafflement :question:

It sounds like a glitch. The joys of the computer age :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Even as a newcomer to all this madness, it astonishes me that so-called ā€œgaffersā€ haven`t got to grips with the most basic regs of their own industry. What a bloody shambles some of these transport offices really are (my own included).

Sweet Baby Jesus and the Orphansā€¦a fat lot of good all that DCPC training`s done then eh?

ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– :
Even as a newcomer to all this madness, it astonishes me that so-called ā€œgaffersā€ haven`t got to grips with the most basic regs of their own industry. What a bloody shambles some of these transport offices really are (my own included).

wait till you work for STOBRATS! :laughing: the ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  thrive on this! :open_mouth: have you on a charge :sunglasses: kangaroo court, hung, drawn and quartered! :laughing: I KID YOU NOT! :grimacing: and sacked! :wink: honestly! :unamused:

cheekymonkey:
Sweet Baby Jesus and the Orphansā€¦a fat lot of good all that DCPC training`s done then eh?

I donā€™t think you can blame the DCPC for this one,as all the drivers and the boss thought something was wrong. Unless you think the office computer should be attending a DCPC course. :smiley:

But well done on thinking of the children :laughing:

One of the benefits of agency - I donā€™t get bothered by all this carp :laughing:

I know the company drivers have their performance ā– ā– ā– ā– ysed by a telematics programme and having had a squint of example printouts the system has some obvious flaws. Probably because the geeks that write the software know sod-all about driving (unless its on an x-box), which is fair enough but these things should have been sorted before it went on the market, doesnā€™t help that some of the transport office staff know even less and think of computer programs as some sort infallible oracle.

threewheelsonmywagon:
Hello dears :grimacing:

Apologies if this has been done before :cry:

Yesterday afternoon in the yard, a few of us were accosted by the boss for tacho infringements. The analysing software is essentially saying that a 45 minute break only covers you for driving hours. The example given is if you drive for 4 and 1/2 hours then take a 45 break, you must take another break after a further 1 and 1/2 hours drive/work ( a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  6 hours) to comply with WTD regs :open_mouth:

I admit to being as baffled as the other lads and, give him his due, the boss as well, and unless Iā€™ve missed something, as far as Iā€™m aware a 45 minute break ā€œresets the clockā€ for both driverā€™s hours and WTD regs :question: :question:

Anybody shed any light on this?

Thanks in advance.

Are you sure your boss didnā€™t misunderstand what the infringements were really for, with all the talk about analysis software and infringements over the past few years Iā€™ve never heard this one before, thereā€™s nothing in the regulations that says RT(WT)R breaks are different to (EC) 561.2006 breaks, as has been said a break is a break and as long as the length of the break is appropriate and at the right time it counts for both sets of regulations.

A 45 minute break will reset your driving time and reset the working time for the six hour rule, it will also cover you for the total ength of break required if youā€™re working over 9 hours.

I suspect thereā€™s been some misunderstanding and suggest your boss should contact the analysis company and get confirmation of what the infringements are really for :wink:

I also have no idea what this has to do with the Driver CPC, no matter what youā€™ve been told on a DCPC course an infringement given by analysis software that appears to contradict what youā€™ve always believed is going to cause some confusion.

the case the op has described, I commit infringements everyday then :slight_smile:

chicane:
One of the benefits of agency - I donā€™t get bothered by all this carp :laughing:

All the agencies Iā€™ve worked for have told me (and to be fair Iā€™ve never questioned it beforeā€¦ :confused: ) that the company they farm me out to need to download my d-card as itā€™ll be their records that get scrutinized cos itā€™s their truck and any DVLA inspection will center on my driving hours and what the truck has done. Iā€™m with a company that does downloads every week and recently did a two-week analysis. I had three break infringements :blush: , due to lack of planning :confused: , so I was invited to kick myself up the 'arris. Rather polite of him, wasnā€™t it :slight_smile:

Hilarious, tell your boss i said heā€™s a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– .

Sumsmeister:

chicane:

All the agencies Iā€™ve worked for have told me (and to be fair Iā€™ve never questioned it beforeā€¦ :confused: ) that the company they farm me out to need to download my d-card as itā€™ll be their records that get scrutinized cos itā€™s their truck and any DVLA inspection will center on my driving hours and what the truck has done. Iā€™m with a company that does downloads every week and recently did a two-week analysis. I had three break infringements :blush: , due to lack of planning :confused: , so I was invited to kick myself up the 'arris. Rather polite of him, wasnā€™t it :slight_smile:

Your agency was right, itā€™s the transport companies legal responsibility to download the data from your driver card regardless of who your employer is, the transport company should be downloading the driver cards of agency workers as well as their own drivers.

Being an agency driver doesnā€™t really mean you donā€™t have to bother about infringements, in fact Iā€™d say that as an agency driver itā€™s more important to keep a clean card, for one thing itā€™s easier for the company to get rid of you, and if you go to different companies often the first thing they do will download your card and the number of infringements on your card is likely to make a difference to how they perceive your capabilities.

Maybe I should clarify, my card is downloaded at the end of every shift, the only time I upset the tacho is ā€˜overspeedsā€™, which given that I never exceed 60mph which is the UK limit for LGVs on Motorways and am on downhills therefore making efficient use off momentum to save fuel, I regard as a load of horlicks. Its the telemetrics crap that would grind my gears and have me handing the keys back if I had to put up with it. I donā€™t think my figures can be too bad, it would be interesting to see them but not to be beaten over the head with.

As to Tacho and WTD regs, theyā€™re hardly rocket science are they. I did get caught out piloting a new run last year when I took a 15 then POA for which ran to over 1hr, which looked as if the drivers hours had been reset to zero (which would have given me time to complete the run), but in actual fact resulted in me having to take a 30 later on, which buggered things up a bit. Apart from that little glitch in the software tachos are pretty straight forward.

tachograph:
Being an agency driver doesnā€™t really mean you donā€™t have to bother about infringements, in fact Iā€™d say that as an agency driver itā€™s more important to keep a clean card, for one thing itā€™s easier for the company to get rid of you, and if you go to different companies often the first thing they do will download your card and the number of infringements on your card is likely to make a difference to how they perceive your capabilities.

Interesting and thanks :smiley: , good points. I am keen to keep a clean card, but now Iā€™ve an extra incentive. Iā€™ve only been driving a few months and donā€™t plan enough. Poor by me really :blush: , cos Iā€™m doing the same 3/4 routes all the times, although it can vary a bit. Best thing about Trucknet, IMO, threads like this.