15 hr days

hi all can anyone look at this senario and tell me legal or not tks start working week thursday do 3 fifteens by sunday then monday boss tells me you can do another 15hr day on monday because midnight sunday all previous days reset on sunday night but i thought in any 6 working days u can only do 3 fifteens tks

3 x 15’s or 9 hrs off between WEEKLY RESTS

2 x 10 Hour Drives in a FIXED WEEK

He is talking Ballocks (Unless you had 24 hours off since starting on Thursday)

When did you do your DCPC, and who was it with please :laughing: (Will be one to cross off the list) - You can do 6 x 15’s in a week, you just need a 24 hour break between the first and last 3 days, or 3 hours break in every shift

tks done dcpc just back from canada done a trip to rome 5 drops on way thought rules had not changed that much . b4 i moved to canada 9yrs ago done 21yrs europe this was my first and last trip europe as now it seems a fu…ng rat race . gonna just look for tramping job round uk home at w/ends .also all the way to rome and back seen about 8 uk trucks only full of ex commi block seems they swamped europe since i left tks anyway .

you can only reduce your daily rest 3 times between 2 weekly rest periods.

I just had a look at the rules again now you can do 2x10 hour drives in a fixed week.

so if you could get 10 hours driving done within a 13 hour spread you could do another 2 after 00.00 sunday/Monday.

to be honest this is one rule that does confuse me as one rule seems to contradicts the other, as most people only do a 10 hour drive when doing a reduced daily rest.

Rog or someone will be along in a minute to say I have this wrong :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

lol might be seeing you back over here yet then Steve!

ha ye m8 just sent u a msg cant name em yet collecting me cash in person in morning thought they were canadian 4 a while u know ye ye ye all legal great pay home often treated like a human being .first week out your f,ed l.o.l neva mind eh

wildfire:

I just had a look at the rules again now you can do 2x10 hour drives in a fixed week.

so if you could get 10 hours driving done within a 13 hour spread you could do another 2 after 00.00 sunday/Monday.

to be honest this is one rule that does confuse me as one rule seems to contradicts the other, as most people only do a 10 hour drive when doing a reduced daily rest.

Rog or someone will be along in a minute to say I have this wrong :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

You have it right. :smiley:

You can do a 10 and not reduce if your day is mostly driving but in reality by the time you’ve done 10 hours driving, 1.5 hours of break, other work for vehicle checks, fuelling, paperwork, loading/unloading or booking into places you will probably have gone over 13 hours so be on a reduced daily rest.

stevejones:
… start working week thursday do 3 fifteens by sunday then monday boss tells me you can do another 15hr day on monday because midnight sunday all previous days reset on sunday night …

Make it easy for numpty boss so tell him …

… The 3 reduced rests gets reset after any weekly rest not sunday midnight

If boss does not believe you then politely ask him to read the rules

ye tks m8 just on way 2 collect my cash once in hand thats not all i be saying my own fault believing the cowboy fu…rs :smiley:

stevejones:
hi all can anyone look at this senario and tell me legal or not tks start working week thursday do 3 fifteens by sunday then monday boss tells me you can do another 15hr day on monday because midnight sunday all previous days reset on sunday night but i thought in any 6 working days u can only do 3 fifteens tks

Tell your boss man your week starts on Thursday,Sunday is mid week to you,
Sunday is in theory the start of the week IF you are on a Monday to Saturday work pattern,but in your case it STARTS Thursday and finishes Tuesday

and remember if you do a 15 followed by a 9
that’s 2 reductions

lolipop:
Tell your boss man your week starts on Thursday,Sunday is mid week to you,
Sunday is in theory the start of the week IF you are on a Monday to Saturday work pattern,but in your case it STARTS Thursday and finishes Tuesday

Therein is the confusion where the word WEEK is not used in its legal only context when referring to the regs

A WEEK can mean many things - working week - fixed week - 7 day week … best to make clear what is meant by WEEK

hitch:
that’s 2 reductions

Best way I saw recently on this site was …

If the shift is more than 13 hours = reduced
If the time off between shifts is less than 11 hours = reduced
Max of 3 in any combination of those between weekly rests

hitch:
that’s 2 reductions

Which copy of the Gv262 Have you been reading? Or is it just drivers room bull ■■■■?

Unless you’re multi-manning, a 15 hour spread-over has to be followed by a 9 hour daily rest period, there is no other legal way to do it, and it counts as one reduced daily rest period not 2.

hitch:
that’s 2 reductions

:laughing:

hitch:
that’s 2 reductions

That has to be right up there with the best of them. :smiley:

ROG:

hitch:
that’s 2 reductions

Best way I saw recently on this site was …

If the shift is more than 13 hours = reduced
If the time off between shifts is less than 11 hours = reduced
Max of 3 in any combination of those between weekly rests

tachograph:
Unless you’re multi-manning, a 15 hour spread-over has to be followed by a 9 hour daily rest period, there is no other legal way to do it, and it counts as one reduced daily rest period not 2.

Contraflow:

hitch:
that’s 2 reductions

:laughing:

F-reds:

hitch:
that’s 2 reductions

That has to be right up there with the best of them. :smiley:

stevejones:
tks done dcpc just back from canada done a trip to rome 5 drops on way thought rules had not changed that much . b4 i moved to canada 9yrs ago done 21yrs europe this was my first and last trip europe as now it seems a fu…ng rat race . gonna just look for tramping job round uk home at w/ends .also all the way to rome and back seen about 8 uk trucks only full of ex commi block seems they swamped europe since i left tks anyway .

wildfire:

ROG:

stevejones:
… start working week thursday do 3 fifteens by sunday then monday boss tells me you can do another 15hr day on monday because midnight sunday all previous days reset on sunday night …

Make it easy for numpty boss so tell him …

… The 3 reduced rests gets reset after any weekly rest not sunday midnight

If boss does not believe you then politely ask him to read the rules

I will stick by what by what I wrote

hitch:
I will stick by what by what I wrote

Care to explain it to the cheap seats there fella??