New Renault Magnum

Hi,
is anyone running the new magnum with either the 460 or 500 engine, which i believe is Volvo FH13 running gear/engine/gearbox etc.
I would like to know if you have had any problems and what MPG, because I have been offered some good deals.
Many thanks

JJSL

if you send a pm to globby480 he is running a 500 6x2 beast

Hi Mark h,

many thanks for the info, I will send him a PM

Regards

JJSL

:wink:

I have just taken delivery of one,its an ex demo (the one featured in Trucking) Ive had it about 2 months. Its a excellent bit of kit. Its returning between 8.5 -9.5 mpg running at 44t.Using about 33lts add blue a week.Its such a pleasure to drive and live in, Im well pleased with it.

Too be fair i have never read anything negative about the new Magnum.
Apart from dirty hands and teeth marks in your delivery dockets. :smiley:

ellies dad:
Too be fair i have never read anything negative about the new Magnum.
Apart from dirty hands and teeth marks in your delivery dockets. :smiley:

And you only jump out of the cab once :blush:

Hi welshman,
Nice to know your happy with your Magnum, What engine 460 or 500 and what’s the gearbox like, regarding the adblue, how many
miles are you doing against the 33 litres of adblue.

Regards

JJSL

JJSL:
Hi welshman,
Nice to know your happy with your Magnum, What engine 460 or 500 and what’s the gearbox like, regarding the adblue, how many
miles are you doing against the 33 litres of adblue.

Regards

JJSL

Its the 500 (volvo engine) Im probably doing about a weeks work about 2500 kms to half a tank of add blue.The gearbox is on a par with my Volvo i shift.But I much prefer the Magnum overthe Volvo there’s so much room and its great to live in for a week away.

Hi Welshman,

Many thanks, that’s why I’m looking at the Magnum’s because of the Volvo running gear and the price against a new Vovo
is about £15k different.

Regards

JJSL

Hi JJSL

I have a 58 reg magnum, 500.

Have done 70,000 km since 1st Feb, never missed a beat, I get 8mpg on average on tanker work and blowing.

I have had a DAF 95/480 for a couple of days as the magnum is in to get the discharge pump upgraded and I cant wait for the magnum to come back, DAF gear change is so slow compared to Magnum, best thing they ever did, joining with Volvo.

I have had 4 Magnums and this latest one is by far the best, more cab room and storage, hope they keep making them for years to come.