Experiences of operating a 550 dxi magnum please chaps!

I’d like your experiences and thoughts as the new truck search is veering over the channel at the moment! What’s the performance like and is the fuel economy as harsh as some ‘cafe experts’ would have me believe■■? Munfords seem to like them up here, but try catching one to ask…

regards

Chris :smiley:

I at the mo own a 480 Magnum I will assume the 550 is the new one.Very much a case of you get what you pay for,they are not too dear compared to others but what you are really buying or at least considering is actually a Volvo with a decent cab.The sooner Renault P’ off and leave the Magnum to Volvo the better then the interior quality will greatly improve.I love it.it retains a touch of the old style of a vehicle,feels right,sounds right and compared to other units I have owned is damned reliable.Had a few small probs in France and France Renault are totally,utterly useless,the real joke is the present MD of Renault France is taking over Renault UK the prat should stay where he is.Buy one you’ll love it but screw them down on the price oh! and don’t take it to France.Mpg on my 4x2 is 8.3 at 40 tonne overall very acceptable.Enjoy

Thanks, the 550 part was a ‘typo’ as I have sausage fingers…500 dxi …sorry!

used to run a 400 Premium and it nearly finished me about 5 years back…

Spoken to Geof Munford at Easingwold as they have a squadron and he is pleased with his and is renewing them for 10 plate versions, so I guess they must be ok eh??

There’s one thing, I don’t rush into buying anything and will probably still be mithering in another 3 months…

any help is good help though…

thanks

Chris :smiley:

I bought an ex demo last year it an 08 plate.The vehicle I bought was the one in Trucking magazine.Before the Magnum I ran a FH12 version 2 460.It is about the same on fuel around about 8 to 8.5 on 44 t work,but you have to factor in the price of add blue I’m using about 5lts a day. When you get used to the cab its exellent plenty of room and good storage,add to that a completly flat floor.The auto box is as good as the i shift and the engine and running gear are also 1st class.all in all the Magnum is very good value for money.I would definatly buy another one

I’ve got a 57 plate 500dxi, i would have another in a minute. Great to drive & live in, like an fh, but with a better cab. I do a lot of flat work, & the biggest problem is the lack of outside storage. I got a box made to keep straps etc. Apart from that, excellent.

thanks men. all good!

Are they not quite a heavy unit?.

NB12:
Are they not quite a heavy unit?.

Mines has alloys she’s not much heavier than the FH12 I ran