New Magnum

When your in love with a beautiful woman it hurts!! ha ha :laughing:

Well not the beast you see but another on test, I am in love. The most comfortable spacious truck I have ever driven. It pulls like a train at full load and ate a 470 scanny up the punchbowl today at 43.275 ton. If it had boobies I’d marry it. The bunk is like a 4 star hotel the seating arrangement with table makes you want to triple crew (well not quite, I snore etc.) Renault have sorted the power points also over the last model they are at hand and even 24V in the roller shutter top cabinet that can sink a 17 inch widescreen with ease.

If they had put a 24V socket behind the table they would have hit nirvana.

Seriously Renault have raised the bar against the competition and more so, forget the rest and don’t jump on me until you have tried it. The new Magnum is really that good!! :laughing: :laughing: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I also happen to know where two are sitting ready to go today if you are in the market PM me.

Scanias ■■■■, Daf 105’s Su ( no sorry I can’t complete the cuss as they are a superb bit of kit) so Scania’s ■■■■ I rest my case!! lol

A thought you had a rigid with a crane on â– â– ?

Yep your right still got it!! Do run rental Magnums still for the bigger stuff.

got a pending contract delivering 40ft containers with generators built in from Belgium around Europe with a 10 hour emergency contract to anywhere in the UK using our yard as a depot for enginees mounted on skelies.

Sod that I’d be happy living in one of these!! :smiley:

One of our old girls still on the rental market and used by me whenever the need!!

cnt fault ya mate oh if you want to open a northern depot :wink:

i was looking on the renault website the other night and the wife was having a nosey as well and she actually admitted she would come with me for a week if it was in one of those.

they look absolutely brilliant inside. it seems that a few marques could learn a thing or two from them for once!

i guess we will just have to see what the maintenance/build quality is like over the next few years on them!

Gonzo,

I would love to have a northern depot, but funding for Kelsa and a pink leather interior means I have to limit to kent!! :smiley: :smiley:

Anyway Clarky has first dibs after the demolition business failed!! :unamused: :wink:

Forgot to mention for all you storage die hards, a full drop down locker that must be 1ft deep the full width of the cab over the bunk (the wardrobe is still there also) is pure genious. Coupled to 4 huge cabinets above the dash with a the TV/DVD etc roller shutter( and a cavernous box under the seat. If you need more storage than this has then I suggest you tow a caravan.

Sorry for going on but this truck is the absolute mutts nuts!! :blush: :smiley: :smiley:

Not had the pleasure of driving one of the new(or old) magnum, but had the renault rep in a few months ago , trying to get us to buy a premuim ad he sayed that the new magi was something very special ! look forward to maybe getting a demo in ! :laughing:

Any pics of the inside then? we all know what the outside looks like! :smiley:

Alex

Alex,

I have stock photo’s as my battery died on my camera musch to the amusement of the dealer and 2 mechanics who sat for a photo. Needless to say its top class and very well put together, the flexible reading lights at both end are spot on.

Its like Renault got a group of drivers together asked them what they wanted then built it!! :smiley:

Giblsa:
i was looking on the renault website the other night and the wife was having a nosey as well and she actually admitted she would come with me for a week if it was in one of those.!

seems like more than a justified reason not to buy one :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

im jealous

id love to have a job driving a magnum abouty, they are sooooooo big and awesome :smiley:

Do you still have to move both the front seats to lower the bunk in to place ?

Does the table still break off the back wall ?

Have they made the lower bunk more comfortable ?

Have they relocated the night heater so that it actually warms up something other than the fridge ?

Have they moved the fridge so that you can access it when the bottom bunk is assembled ?

and why the hell do one/two people need 4 seats !!!

Not from what I have seen :unamused:

I would rather keep my premium :smiley:

lol freek,

I know where you are coming from but I am not perfect only the wife thinks she is so I will let her answer.
1, No
2, Not unless you lay on it fat boy
3, More comfortable than the spike in the back volvo
4, Yes jets into the cab now
5, Are you a secret lemonade drinker, if you are then sorry don’t sleep on the bottom bunk.
6, friends TV cards and coffee, but overkill for my moody husband i agree
Keep your premium its a great truck also, just not this good!! :laughing:

I must say my wife has no manners lol!! :open_mouth: :wink:

sounds good ive never been in a magnum but i might be starting a job next week at the helm of an 52 reg one… are they any good n2n, 440 bhp.

N2N Transport:
lol freek,

I know where you are coming from but I am not perfect only the wife thinks she is so I will let her answer.
1, No
2, Not unless you lay on it fat boy
3, More comfortable than the spike in the back volvo
4, Yes jets into the cab now
5, Are you a secret lemonade drinker, if you are then sorry don’t sleep on the bottom bunk.
6, friends TV cards and coffee, but overkill for my moody husband i agree
Keep your premium its a great truck also, just not this good!! :laughing:

I must say my wife has no manners lol!! :open_mouth: :wink:

God I hope you are right, we have 20ish of the older spec cabs and they are all the complaints from the lads that drive them, we are soon to be getting a new batch to replace the premiums and hopefully they will be the newer spec else I really would rather keep my premium even if she is slowly dying around me.

I drove a 56 plate Magnum sub contract to Norfolk Line at Immingham and must say it was a great truck to be away in for a couple of weeks at a time.
Electric black out blinds were excellent was also nice to sit at a table and have dinner rather than balance it on your knee.

I could also sleep a family of five in it at the truck shows.

Freek,

excuse the wife but she is spot on, if you had the early hamock bunk then folding the drivers seat was a must, although you could turn the passenger seat and fold it down.

The extra height in the cab means that the bunk drops over the seat backs so no problems there. I am sitting under the top bunk at the moment using the table for ttinternet and its alittle cramped but useable.

Personally I would have preffered a Vega compromise using the passenger seat on rails to fall back to the table and a fold down matress, solving issues 5&6 together.

Jessica’s dad,

440 more than ample on the ZF16 always will be a longhauler though as the high up position does hinder close in observation for manouvering(sic)

Good luck you will enjoy it! :smiley:

Giblsa:
i was looking on the renault website the other night and the wife was having a nosey as well and she actually admitted she would come with me for a week if it was in one of those.

they look absolutely brilliant inside. it seems that a few marques could learn a thing or two from them for once!

i guess we will just have to see what the maintenance/build quality is like over the next few years on them!

Tell ya wife i’ve got one on order!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

MR VAIN:
Tell ya wife i’ve got one on order!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

wont be much good to you at the moment mate (no good for cooking or cleaning), she’s got a prolapsed disc! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i’ll let her know though!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: