New overtaking ban on A14

saw this to day and your thoughts.

roadtransport.com/Articles/2 … n-a14.html

Theoretically it should work; in practice it’d be a bugger to enforce.

Good to see a realistic compromise being put forward though, it is a bad bit of road.

I haven’t got a problem with it as long as you can still overtake tractors and old biddy …

What a waste of time , no one takes any notice of the current ban so what’s the point ■■?

paul@midway:
I haven’t got a problem with it as long as you can still overtake tractors and old biddy …

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

paul@midway:

But those JCB fasttracks can go annoyingly fast :exclamation: :exclamation:

Yeah it works in theory so long as EVERY DRIVER DOES 50, its gets frustrating when they do 47.

No doubt VOSA/TC will be lurking in the lay-by’s as i’m assuming going into that lane would be the same as driving through a 7.5 ton weight limit :question: :question:

If they did the over taking ban on all the A14 (Give it a couple of years) they would be implementing Operation Stack :laughing: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue: later in the day further up the A14 because of a slow moving lorry in further down… :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Crap idea, remove the speedlimiter law or modify it to allow temporary override and most of the ‘elephant race’ overtaking problems would disappear overnight.
As has been said, one slow lorry and the job’s buggered for miles.
Not my problem anymore though. :unamused: :slight_smile:

What is interesting is when you are approaching an onslip and another motorist ambles out in front of you, what exactly are you going to do?

This happened to me last week on the M6, a charming young lady in a Corsa just pulled out from a slip road at the services ignoring my huge Volvo and trailer! I had no choice but to pull into the middle lane very quickly, and managed to do so safely, only to be overtaken in the fast lane by a charmer in a Landcruiser towing a caravan and shuffling some Nescafe beans.!

If HGV’s cannot use the outer lane on the A14, this will cause a few incidents with the numpties we all see every day. :unamused:

Muttzknuttz:
a Landcruiser towing a caravan and shuffling some Nescafe beans.!

If HGV’s cannot use the outer lane on the A14, this will cause a few incidents with the numpties we all see every day. :unamused:

That report only says its a problem between splittles and cambridge for the on ramps the rest of the A14 dont have any on ramps that are cause for concern going by that report…i’d give it a week before an accident happened and yet we proffesional drivers would probably get the blame for it for sticking to the rules!!!

delboytwo:

We have only ourselves to blame thanks to the moronic pillocks who sit side by side for miles on end holding the rest of the world up.

Conor:

delboytwo:

We have only ourselves to blame thanks to the moronic pillocks who sit side by side for miles on end holding the rest of the world up.

yeah but truck in lane 2 would only be trying to over take for a reason - it’s happened to me, you over take get to their cab and then they speed up - why,why!!!

Spardo:
Crap idea, remove the speedlimiter law or modify it to allow temporary override and most of the ‘elephant race’ overtaking problems would disappear overnight.
As has been said, one slow lorry and the job’s buggered for miles.
Not my problem anymore though. :unamused: :slight_smile:

According to some ‘Plastic Face’ NOTW Reporter, Artics can do 90mph anyway. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

What would be a problem is when you get one of these ■■■■■ from Tesco with loads of time on there hands dawdling at about 45 mph…
Yes you ■■■■■■■ you know who you are :imp:

:laughing:

paul@midway:
What would be a problem is when you get one of these [zb] from Tesco with loads of time on there hands dawdling at about 45 mph…
Yes you [zb] you know who you are :imp:

According to some ‘Plastic Face’ NOTW Reporter, Artics can do 90mph anyway. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Obviously wasn’t a T**co truck then :laughing: :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Does this overtaking ban apply to coaches as well?

doubtful it will apply to coaches

jayeastanglia:

First HGV driver to get break these rules you can gurantee they will probably be made an example of :exclamation: :exclamation:

pecjam23:

jayeastanglia:

First HGV driver to get break these rules you can gurantee they will probably be made an example of :exclamation: :exclamation:

off course every police car will be used the chopper will be taken of a search for a missing child. Persicuted to death.

Conor:

delboytwo:

What dont understand, is why when you’ve gained on another truck over distance, and then move to overtake they feel the need to speed up :open_mouth: If you’ve caught them up then you must be covering the ground quicker. If your being overtaken by another truck even slowly, what does it take to back off, jusr for a minute. I do, coz on another day I might be on a mission, and would like to be treated the same :slight_smile:

paul@midway:
What would be a problem is when you get one of these [zb] from Tesco with loads of time on there hands dawdling at about 45 mph…
Yes you [zb] you know who you are :imp:

I was shocked yesterday when I followed a Tesco truck between Diss and Harleston going flat out on his limiter, I almost had to get of my phone and turn the dvd i was watching off I was that stunned.