A14 Overtaking ban

Thought this might of been of some interest to some of you, you should leave your comments for this video on youtube.

So the problem is trucks overtaking too slowly on the A14.

I have one suggestion… Well Mr Hughes does…

uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sRABQg0uFqE

euroscot:
Thought this might of been of some interest to some of you, you should leave your comments for this video on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coKoy9Avivs

I’ll leave a comment here ! :smiley: The general concensus (from drivers here) seems to be that its the driver thats being overtakens’ fault. That naturally takes any blame off the truck thats doing the long overtake holding everyone up and expecting other traffic to slow down. How far do you think we would get if it was law to slow down every time a vehicle came alongside you in lane two? That would go for any vehicle? I’m happy with an overtaking ban, if only because it’ll get every rush merchant a red face. Get over it , its coming your way !!! :smiley:

aaaaaargggghhhhh!!!.ive contacted my local council,and asked if we can have do gooding,glasses wearing,big nosed interfearing,gobs***e talking,busy bodying,skateboard driving,anti truck feeling,tossers like him removed from OUR roads.id love to stick this prick in a truck for a week,just to educate him,and the rest of the anti truck idiots. :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

buck73:
aaaaaargggghhhhh!!!.ive contacted my local council,and asked if we can have do gooding,glasses wearing,big nosed interfearing,gobs***e talking,busy bodying,skateboard driving,anti truck feeling,tossers like him removed from OUR roads.id love to stick this prick in a truck for a week,just to educate him,and the rest of the anti truck idiots. :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

Well apart from the fact he doesn’t appear ‘anti truck’, he goes on to say with out trucks they would not have the economy they have… He is frustrated because a truck takes ages to overtake, holding up all the faster traffic. It may take one truck 5 mins to overtake and create a tailback of several miles. If he sat in my truck he’d see that its not worth it for me to hold miles of traffic up for me to get a few feet in front. Would he see something different from your truck?

He’s not anti-truck but this could cause a lot more problems if all trucks are confined to the inside lane, slip roads for example. I personally think that people like him should be educated on a truck drivers job before they comment on such a thing.

Mike-C:
Well apart from the fact he doesn’t appear ‘anti truck’,?
he goes on to say with out trucks they would not have the economy they have…

He also forgets that without felixstowe and the trucks that serve it, he and his fellow felixstowe residents, would only have cart tracks to drive on. the same as in norfolk.

He is frustrated because a truck takes ages to overtake, holding up all the faster traffic. It may take one truck 5 mins to overtake and create a tailback of several miles.

Oh dear thats sad for him, I hope hasnt missed a really inportant meeting :unamused: maybe he should allow more time, and take the opurtunity of following an HGV at 56mph whilst overtaking another to conserve his fuel.

If he sat in my truck he’d see that its not worth it for me to hold miles of traffic up for me to get a few feet in front. Would he see something different from your truck

Yes he would see something different from my truck, he’d see ignorant so called professionals, speeding up the minute another truck gets level with them, thus causing the overtaker to be left out in the overtaking lane for miles and miles. Now who’s at fault there, the overtaker, or the overtaken. I know what i think :imp:

Mike-C:

buck73:

Well apart from the fact he doesn’t appear ‘anti truck’, he goes on to say with out trucks they would not have the economy they have… He is frustrated because a truck takes ages to overtake, holding up all the faster traffic. It may take one truck 5 mins to overtake and create a tailback of several miles. If he sat in my truck he’d see that its not worth it for me to hold miles of traffic up for me to get a few feet in front. Would he see something different from your truck?

i ALWAYS back off to let a truck or vehicle doing a similiar speed to mine overtake as quickily as possible.i lose millie seconds,and everyone is happy.i do this,because im a proffesional.

The root cauase of all these problems are limiters before we had them there was’nt a problem. A overtaking ban on the a14 for any length of time will not work. When you have wicanton,maritime and various others doing 52 mph and evryone else wants to do 56. The sheer frustration of it will make it dangerous. Thats without the car drivers cutting in and out in front of you to enter and exit.

aidey:
The root cauase of all these problems are limiters before we had them there was’nt a problem. A overtaking ban on the a14 for any length of time will not work. When you have wicanton,maritime and various others doing 52 mph and evryone else wants to do 56. The sheer frustration of it will make it dangerous. Thats without the car drivers cutting in and out in front of you to enter and exit.

I agree with Aidey here, you never got these problems before the introduction of limiters. It’s really noticeable on a night time where you’ll see a mile of empty motorway and then three or four trucks nose to tail.
Maybe the answer is to actually employ proper traffic cops, rigorously enforce the 60 limit and get rid of limiters.
Of course it won’t happen 'cos once they’ve paid for a speed camera it pays for itself umpteen times over and real life police officers unfortunately don’t.

Ignore the signs as they ate not laws that have been passed by government and you cannot be prosecuted for a trial

eddie snax:

If he sat in my truck he’d see that its not worth it for me to hold miles of traffic up for me to get a few feet in front. Would he see something different from your truck

Yes he would see something different from my truck, he’d see ignorant so called professionals, speeding up the minute another truck gets level with them, thus causing the overtaker to be left out in the overtaking lane for miles and miles. Now who’s at fault there, the overtaker, or the overtaken. I know what i think :imp:

Well you’e leaving us with a scenario here Ed, and its hard to know the truth with out being in the cab with them.
Are we to believe a truck deliberatley goes slow and then speeds up when another truck decides to pass him?
Or do we believe a truck tries to overtake and doesn’t take into account hills, his own vehicle weight and the vehicles weight (based on how he’s been performing) and doesn;t quite make it, in other words he got his sums wrong and wants to sit it out untill he passes?
I know what i think too. Ultimateley, one of them has to make a descision. Very often they don’t, and thats why they sit there and frustrate other motorists. Who really knows why they do it with out having a MORI poll !! :smiley:

the maoster:

aidey:

I agree with Aidey here, you never got these problems before the introduction of limiters. It’s really noticeable on a night time where you’ll see a mile of empty motorway and then three or four trucks nose to tail.
Maybe the answer is to actually employ proper traffic cops, rigorously enforce the 60 limit and get rid of limiters.
Of course it won’t happen 'cos once they’ve paid for a speed camera it pays for itself umpteen times over and real life police officers unfortunately don’t.

Brilliant !! You diagnose that people doing 52 and 56 mph in a 50 mph limit are a problem and your answer to this is rigourously enforce a 60 mph limit !!!
You’re gonna say next…you know what i mean…and i’m gonna say…No !!

there is drivers out there that put there foot down as soon as they see you come up there side but they know you are going to get them on a downhill stretch so why do they bother,they love doing it you can see it on there faces

Mike-C:

the maoster:

aidey:

Brilliant !! You diagnose that people doing 52 and 56 mph in a 50 mph limit are a problem and your answer to this is rigourously enforce a 60 mph limit !!!
You’re gonna say next…you know what i mean…and i’m gonna say…No !!

Actually (and Ibet you didn’t know I was gonna say this) the answer to it is armed revolution, overthrow the government, introduce anarchy, and let it be every man for himself. The strong will survive, the weak will die, and Darwin will be proved right.

Noticed they have removed the overtaking ban on the A1 at Birtley and Bowburn.
Probably because no one took any notice of them i suppose.

Stick to the limit of 50mph and there would’nt be a problem.
I can’t see why everbody is always tear arseing around all the time.

Sit at 50,you catch a vehicle up blip the throttle your out and back in again in seconds.Faster cars arn’t held up for long.
It’s not difficult.
And the bonus is you don’t risk loosing your licence or having to pay speeding fines.

Tonyb

tonyb70:
Stick to the limit of 50mph and there would’nt be a problem.
I can’t see why everbody is always tear arseing around all the time.

Sit at 50,you catch a vehicle up blip the throttle your out and back in again in seconds.Faster cars arn’t held up for long.
It’s not difficult.
And the bonus is you don’t risk loosing your licence or having to pay speeding fines.

Tonyb

dont like doing 50 the faster the better :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You would’nt want to be sat behind me on a single track then

tonyb70:
You would’nt want to be sat behind me on a single track then

i probably have been thats why ive got know hair left :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: