A14 Overtaking Ban

Noticed today that new road signs have been erected of an overtaking ban for trucks about 3 mile from Cathorpe towards kettering on the A14.
Although still covered the sign indicates 7.5 ton banned from overtaking between 6am - 8pm Mon- Fri.
Also they were installing the same signs on the section between Jnct 2-Jnct1 towards Cathorpe.
Interesting to see how this works.

Crispie
:exclamation: :question:

Excellent news. Should speed things up for us if it goes anything like the M42 one did where only a few of the more switched on car drivers shared the lane with the sheeple crawling along nose to tail in lane 2.

Don’t care , work nights . :laughing: :laughing:

you will when the que is still there at 8pm stuck behind a tesco wagon.i.e all afternoon

Don’t spoil it for me :cry:

Sorry guys but some of the wagons I drive are limited to 53 M.P.H.

Chas Malthouse:
Sorry guys but some of the wagons I drive are limited to 53 M.P.H.

Being that a dual cabbageway is a 50 that shouldn’t be a problem then eh ■■? :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Yes-But No-But you and I may try and stick to the speed limit Montana Man but…You know what I mean.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

No I NEVER speed “honestly”… :sunglasses: :wink:

How many box jockeys do you reckon will adhere to the ban then :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Most of them, once the penalty charges start dropping on the door mat.

shade:
How many box jockeys do you reckon will adhere to the ban then :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

An ever increasing number, in direct relation to the number who get nicked for ignoring it. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

We will see shall we :laughing: As a local and regular user of said bit of road, i can’t see them sticking to one lane( at 40/35 or slower on hills) when they need to get back to Felix for the next box.I forsee lots of road rage :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

by the way i dont care about the ban, never hurry, no worries :wink: :sunglasses:

Yeah i noticed them to, But like i said to a mate of mine, it wont effect me, as by the time i’ve got my Premium rolling from the roundabout, it starts to slow in readiness for that 1st bank :unamused: so its rare that i get out into that lane anyway :wink:

Also noticed this week, that there have been several of them average speed scameras, put up between the corkscrew and spittalls :confused: whats this in aid of, and when do all these measures start to come into effect :confused:

the cameras will be for the roadworks that start there soon so even more traffic jams on the already ■■■■ road!!!

To be effecitive you need to have the signs showing anything over 3.5t or NOT RESTRICTED to work. Aren’t modern 7.5t’s limited now to 60mph? We’ve one restricted 3.5t to 7.5t vehicle in our depot. It’s a V reg 4.5t Iveco 4x4, top speed 55mph.

So according to these signs a 7.5 tonner can be in the outside lane overtaking and actually be slower than lane one?

Yeah, they’ve really thought this out haven’t they…

And of course, as soon as everyone passes the “no overtaking” area the trucks pull back out again and L2 goes back down to under 60mph.

:unamused:

and dont forget the 2 second rule …then the que to get on the A14 at Cathorpe will extend to Coventry

I’m sure we all drive cars as well.

And I’m sure that when we do, we get just as fed up with being stuck behind a lorry overtaking another with a 0.00001 mph speed differential.

So I’m in favour of it.

hitch:
and dont forget the 2 second rule …then the que to get on the A14 at Cathorpe will extend to Coventry

Yep, that is an option. However, it just means that I will allow an extra hour or so when heading out that way, or use that route before 7am :wink:

That is, assuming I stiill have a job with them at the end of this week :unamused: :blush: :open_mouth: