A14 overtaking ban enforcement? What enforcement?!

Does anyone know if this 7.5t no over taking ban on the A14 (M1 to Cold Ashby) is actually being enforced by the police/vosa/trading standards??

I only ask as today i sat patiently behind a slower moving truck going through the weight limit for the 2 miles and 5 English trucks over took me doing well over 50, and it’s not the first time that’s happened :imp: :imp: also witnessed it on the other side as well trucks over taking :confused: .

Not that it bothers me but i have not seen this being monitored by the police/vosa etc as surely the fines/penalty would be the same as driving down a 7.5 ton limit in town,

The point I’m getting at is the day i decide to be naughty and over take bet your bottom dollar I’ll get pulled :exclamation: :imp: :cry:

So just wondered has anyone seen this being enforced or seen trucks being pulled over??

Cheers

James
:smiley: :confused:

I have read the trial was a success. i would like to see the fiqures to see how much time people saved.
A ban is in place.As for enforcing it who knows .

roadtransport.com/Articles/2 … n-a14.html

paul@midway:
I have read the trial was a success. i would like to see the fiqures to see how much time people saved.

Next time i’m on the A14 i’ll stop and ask one of the 2 guys in hi-viz jackets holding stop watches and a clipboard at each end of the 2 mile stretch and see what the results are. May offer them a cup of tea as bet its bloody cold standing outside this time of year :laughing: :laughing: :exclamation:

It’s only during certain times of the day isn’t it ■■?

Were you outside of that time when being overtaken ?

pierrot 14:
It’s only during certain times of the day isn’t it ■■?

Were you outside of that time when being overtaken ?

between 6am and 8 pm

It was 1:30pm in the afternoon :smiley:

Going down there 2day i had 2 overtake a very slow vw camper van doing about 35mph the queue was sooooooooooo long behind him :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :blush: :blush:

Be carefull my mate got done 30 quid

muckymobile:
Going down there 2day i had 2 overtake a very slow vw camper van doing about 35mph the queue was sooooooooooo long behind him :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :blush: :blush:

They probably set off from cornwall in june…stil driving home from their summer holiday. :open_mouth: :laughing: :open_mouth: :unamused: :exclamation:

pecjam23:

muckymobile:

They probably set off from cornwall in june…stil driving home from their summer holiday. :open_mouth: :laughing: :open_mouth: :unamused: :exclamation:

:smiley: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

muckymobile:

On the same line as this, tractors use this road during the day, are you supposed to stay behind it, doing 15 mph, , till he turns into the next field he is ploughing 5 miles up the road :question: :question: :question:

i have had artics overtake me on that section before now when i been in the spec lift and going slowly never seen anyone been pullled or heard of anyone having a fine…but then again there is a first…i am also writing this well started to while i was in the overtaking ban bit…good news not much trafic along here :smiley:

I like a good little trucker comply with the overtaking ban but got a coffee bean sign off a Gold Star driver when I was overtaking 3 miles past the ban. Cant win sometimes can ya??

pierrot 14:

muckymobile:

On the same line as this, tractors use this road during the day, are you supposed to stay behind it, doing 15 mph, , till he turns into the next field he is ploughing 5 miles up the road :question: :question: :question:

I might be wrong, but I’m sure the no overtaking rule only applies above 45mph, so you can still overtake a slow moving vehicle. This would be a common sense approach…

Martin:

pierrot 14:

muckymobile:

I might be wrong, but I’m sure the no overtaking rule only applies above 45mph, so you can still overtake a slow moving vehicle. This would be a common sense approach…

It says "No Overtaking " there is no mention of minimum speeds etc.
I agree if it isn’t moving fast - get in front of the vehicle and continue with your journey, but as the OP comments, can you get done by doing this should you be spotted by the plod ■■

well i was most surprised a few weeks back :open_mouth: :open_mouth: was going westbound approx halfway through the ban,had followed this trolley dolley for a short while at 42mph…yes 42mph (what a ■■■■■■) and a marked plod flashed me out to overtake,even though i wasn’t indicating or intending to,there wasn’t a lot of traffic about,maybe that’s why??was refreshing to see common sense… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: DISCLAIMER:not all trolley dollies are tossers,no offence intended :wink:

andy bilton:
well i was most surprised a few weeks back :open_mouth: :open_mouth: was going westbound approx halfway through the ban,had followed this trolley dolley for a short while at 42mph…yes 42mph (what a ■■■■■■) and a marked plod flashed me out to overtake,even though i wasn’t indicating or intending to,there wasn’t a lot of traffic about,maybe that’s why??was refreshing to see common sense… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: DISCLAIMER:not all trolley dollies are tossers,no offence intended :wink:

Surpised he didnt then pull you over and throw a copy of the highway code at you and told to look at what being “flashed” legally means :laughing: :wink: :exclamation:

Never had a plod flash me out before…no telling why he flashed you out may be like you said because it was nearly empty??

pecjam23:
Does anyone know if this 7.5t no over taking ban on the A14 (M1 to Cold Ashby) is actually being enforced by the police/vosa/trading standards??

I only ask as today i sat patiently behind a slower moving truck going through the weight limit for the 2 miles and 5 English trucks over took me doing well over 50, and it’s not the first time that’s happened :imp: :imp: also witnessed it on the other side as well trucks over taking :confused: .

Not that it bothers me but i have not seen this being monitored by the police/vosa etc as surely the fines/penalty would be the same as driving down a 7.5 ton limit in town,

The point I’m getting at is the day i decide to be naughty and over take bet your bottom dollar I’ll get pulled :exclamation: :imp: :cry:

So just wondered has anyone seen this being enforced or seen trucks being pulled over??

Cheers

James
:smiley: :confused:

hi james

there is a bit in the commercial motor about this this week and in there there say that there asbeen 71 non endorsable fixed penalty notices issued since april 2007

del

Can’t see how an overtaking ban can work,as soon as the ban stretch finishes everyone who was stuck in the queue starts overtaking usually taking longer as the road either flattens out or goes down hill, holding the faster moving traffic up for longer periods than if the faster wagons had passed the slower moving one’s on the hill.
Think that makes sense.

scotty1972:
Can’t see how an overtaking ban can work,as soon as the ban stretch finishes everyone who was stuck in the queue starts overtaking usually taking longer as the road either flattens out or goes down hill, holding the faster moving traffic up for longer periods than if the faster wagons had passed the slower moving one’s on the hill.
Think that makes sense.

yeah your right mate, totally agree.

Most people seem to ignore it and I was amazed on Thursday afternoon as another lorry behind me after we caught up a crawler stayed there, and thats virtually a first :unamused:

Its not just the foreigners etc ignoring it, I have been overtaken numeorus times by the well known supermarkets/catalogue shops/ etc vehicles. I would have thought at least they would have stayed within the law.

I always enjoy chugging back past them again afterwards :smiling_imp: