new job

well i have been meaning to get a ‘proper job’ but apathy set in

the trouble is the missus is being a pain in the rear so i promised to look for
a job with some nights out…having had Brit Europeans number stored in my psion for the last 10 years i decided to ring them.

i spoke to Noel who said he would arrange a lift to Zee B…a week later he rang and if i was still interested who would ring tomorrow with the details

anyway it didnt happen so on Monday morning i rang agency to tell them i was
available. 30 minutes later its Mick from Brits whos been told to pick me up and i’ve got an hour and half to get ready if i still want to go.

after a steady run down to Dartford he suggests i have a drive. This is my first
drive in a left ■■■■■■ for 13 years and then i only had that truck for 2 days.
For a reasonable driver my lane discipline was horrible.
Any way we arrived in Dover unscathed and caught the boat , another BE driver
Andy i think was on there and because Mick had to do a collection he agreed to run me to the yard so Mick didnt waste time going to Zeebrugge.

On arrival i was directed to the hotel MAN and in the morning i had interveiw with Phillipe because Noel was off sick

The test drive involved picking up and dropping a trailer and a run to the dock to collect a trailer…

Back in the office i was asked would i like to start now or Monday as i was there i started then well really Wednesday morning

this is my truck

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I had been led to believe that i would do bulk delivers :frowning:
but ihave a forklift licence and got shown how to use one of these

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

i may have newish truck but i start at the bottom with a walk behind KooiAap

So i’m ready for the off :laughing: the truck has a flat battery so i get sent to the garage for new ones and after 2 hours get back to the yard to find my trailer

which isnt loaded :imp: even though i have the delivery notes
another 1.5 hours wasted and off to Calais to waited 2 hours for the boat :smiling_imp:

i wanted to get home for clean clothes and some maps No way now as i only have enough time to get to Colnbrook .

So sod it i will work tomorrow with no maps not even a road atlas as its only
around Cheltenham and Glouscester and it all looks familiar.

its an easy day all the jobs are grouped together except Lydney and the missus will bring some clobber down from Bedworth if i get to somewhere near home.

despite the fact Ross on Wye was next i head for Droitwich because its easy
for her to get too she dont drive on moterways very often

now it all goes goes Pete Tong i expected her to come down at night but shes got to go the theatre tickets paid for …i dont feel very well and go to bed early
0800 i feel lousy and she aint got here yet :question: :question:

its the traffic

eventually i get going but its 1030 and i aint done a thing
so i decide to do the Worcester jobs first easy
then on to Hereford first one ok second HR1 postcode [zb] drove past it on the way from Worcester

Its now getting late and i still have 6 drops to do. Into Ross no major problem
sat nav dosnt register but used the map facility to get me by

the phones rings and the office want to know whats the problem
without boring them with 2 days ago you didnt get the trailer loaded quick enough

i explain i wasnt feeling my best and was cracking on
they say use OBC to keep in touch and would i work Saturday …hobsons choice

Next drop Stratford the last of the day because no one would stay at Redditch shops past 1800 leaving me no choice but to go home to Bedworth

saturday morning over to Carpet right Coventry offload in the wrong loading area put stuff back on trailer then into Mc Ds car park :frowning:

next job 207 torrington ave my eye it turns out to be 183 :angry:

i have rung the office but no reply they wanted me to go to Purfleet Sunday
but i still have 2 drops on later today. Now i have found the home phone number of my planner i will give him the bad news

looks like this week i will be playing catch up

but with 10000 locations to deliver to it should see me going places i aint been to for a while :smiley:

If it needs stars it’s not allowed. L. :stuck_out_tongue:

next time i use Kodak i will knock the date stamp off cos this was last week

Good read. Looks like they going to keep you busy. Do you only do UK on the carpets :question:

effectively yes change overs in Purfleet
But when low on fuel about week and half into Zeebrugge for fuel and maybe do some collections while waiting for trailer to be loaded

Are you paid in Euros or Sterling?

hitch Don’t get me wrong ,but whats the attraction of of doing UK for a Belgian outfit when you can do UK for a UK outfit. Bearing in mind that you only got the job at short notice because some-one has jacked at short notice. You were parachuted in & hit the ground running. At such short notice they should have arranged for you to get home to grab your kit. It looks like the driver is only one small cog in a very big machine with that firm. But best of luck. It will soon drop into a routine.