New job

After some time on agency and the last 8 months being self employed and always driving someone else’s lorry, I start my new permanent full time class 1 job next Monday with a truck I can actually call mine!! It’s all I’ve ever wanted and I’m so pleased! Please can you all tell me what sort of things I need to get to keep/have in the cab. I will be having nights out although not every night, thanks :slight_smile:

Hi and congratulations. If you look on the New and Wannabe drivers section everything is listed that you could ever need.
Good luck to you in your career.
All my driving was done in Europe except for the last 3.5 years where I have been driving in Scotland. I enjoyed it but its just a mindset. I have never driven long distance in the UK but have been to almost every country in Europe.

nice 1 well done,congratulations :smiley:

Well done and very best of luck.

power inverter

laptop

internet dongle

box of tissues

job done :smiley:

don’t bother with food, cos you seem to like stopping at burger bars regularly :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Oh and rachet straps for keeping my doors shut!! ;-D

grovegarage:
Oh and rachet straps for keeping my doors shut!! ;-D

yes, that was a tip i gave you at Newark Truckfest :wink:

Well done on the getting the job :slight_smile:

Its so much better tramping with an allocated truck as you can sort it out the way you want and also leave your gear in it on your days off.

Nice one :slight_smile:

What and who do we need to look out for ?

Toilet roll.

shuttlespanker:
power inverter

laptop

Multiple pictures from phone!

box of tissues

don’t bother with food, cos you seem to like stopping at burger bars regularly :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Fixed that for you mate :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

tonka236:

shuttlespanker:
power inverter

laptop

internet dongle

Multiple pictures from phone emailed to laptop for bigger pictures!

box of tissues

Fixed that for you mate :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

re-fixed it for you Ben :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

shuttlespanker:

tonka236:

shuttlespanker:
power inverter

laptop

internet dongle

Multiple pictures from phone emailed to laptop for bigger pictures!

box of tissues

re-fixed it for you Ben :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

tonka236:

shuttlespanker:

tonka236:

shuttlespanker:
power inverter

electric camping bed pump

on top of lap

blow up life size female doll called “Jane”!

a large bath towel

jobbies done :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

No really I’ve fixed that for all the closed curtain layby brigade . :wink: :wink: :smiling_imp: :smiley: :smiley:

Redrorry:

tonka236:

shuttlespanker:

tonka236:

shuttlespanker:
power inverter

on top of lap

blow up life size female doll called “Haley”!

a large bath towel

No really I’ve fixed that for all the closed curtain layby brigade . :wink: :wink: :smiling_imp: :smiley: :smiley:

if you are gonna be like that, i’ve re-fixed the re-fixed, re-fix :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

well done on the new job, hope it all goes well for you. Often wish I could have a regular unit

shuttlespanker:

Redrorry:

tonka236:

shuttlespanker:

tonka236:

shuttlespanker:
power inverter

on top of lap

blow up life size female doll called “Haley”!

a large bath towel

if you are gonna be like that, i’ve re-fixed the re-fixed, re-fix :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

If you all are gonna be like that… My Brain Blooming Hurts!!