New job, same employer

So quite a while ago if you remember, I started to work for a guy who bought some trucks from an auction in Leeds, and the intention was to take them to Bulgaria, anyway the vehicles were eventually scrapped, and my licence came up for renewal which took 6 months to do, and I had to get my belongings back that I had left in one of the trucks. Of course there were a few doubters etc etc, but he eventually bopught 5 much later trucks and trailers, which were refurbished euroliners, had new sheets and chassis painted etc, and when I met him he again offered me work running France, Benelux, Germany, Spain, Bulgaria and beyond if I wanted it ( Turkey etc ) so I have had a couple of hiccups with my registration documents ( basically my Bg i.d cards which has now been resolved, I needed to get them re-registered because the company is registered in Bulgaria, I needed a works number for tax etc, and I will eventually have to go to bg to sit a psychological test which takes 2 hours on a computer ( interpreter supplied if needed ) all bg drivers need to take this test. So this week I went to pick up the unit and trailer, put the unit into MAN for service and check over, and the trailer to a trailer refurb company to iron out a few faults, and then load and go. We have a mixed range of drivers from an Englishman ( me ) a scot, a romanien and 2 Bulgarians, having sacked an Iranian because he was a total idiot, he is expanding the fleet in the new year to also include some dafs, hes a good boss, pays good money which is above average but its pounds for the English and euros for the RO/BG drivers which is 500/600 euros a month higher than they would normally get working for Willy Betz, so all has a happy ending, for me anyway.
What I did find running from Dunstable to Thurrock on the M1/M25 was the lack of flashing of lights from most drivers, even when I flashed them and overtook them again, whats that all about maybe the registration plates, and I do look English because I am, am not wearing jogging bottoms or flip flops ( I refused the company uniform :laughing: ) oh yes he even supplies shirts/ trousers etc, and will buy things for the truck, but some take the biscuit, like the Iranian who missed a load whilst waiting for a family relative to travel down from Liverpool, then asked the boss if he would buy the ticket, then when he eventually got to Le Havre, took the weekend off, and expected to get paid, and its the same guy who refused to move till a fitter was called out to fix his ciggy lighter…good job we are not allowed to swear on here, so i am now driving a BG registered big cab Man with a red euroliner, ( rhd as are all the trucks ) so give us a wave, or the V sign if you want. :laughing:

Ok.

Were you the one this Afternoon m1 roadworks past chesterfield in the 3rd lane ,on the limiter ? Even Fernwoods don’t do that !!

good on you truckboy :smiley:

truckyboy:
I will eventually have to go to bg to sit a psychological test

The very best of luck with that then.
Regards. John.

I wasn’t up north, I picked the outfit up from Watling St truckstop and ran down to wickford to drop the trailer off and then the unit to MAN in Thurrock.