New job in an actros

I’m going to be in an 05 reg megaspace merc for the foreseeable future, any idea what they are like? I had an 03 (older model) once and didnt rate it.

You have my deepest sympathy.

Joking aside…

I drove one earlier this week. A V8 with twin pipes, and went like a steam train, and smoked like one as well. :laughing:

Ken.

There a decent motor with loads of room to live in, the gear box may get on your nerves if it’s the one with out the auto mode. :laughing: :laughing:

was that for euroline ken?

Quinny:
You have my deepest sympathy.

Joking aside…

I drove one earlier this week. A V8 with twin pipes, and went like a steam train, and smoked like one as well. :laughing:

Ken.

yea,one of these…

only joking…i like 'em…as said,loads of room inside,no pishing around with seats at nap time,telligent box is ok but is no ‘i-shift’. Prefer my old shed of one (52 reg 2553) to the (ex o/d) 55 reg R580 we have on rent at the min but that does pull like a train…only good thing about it!! Should i be worried about the subtle blue led on the header??

If you didnt like the '03 then you wont like the '05 as they are basically the same truck .

Rock hard seats and crappy bed then :frowning: Luckily its only for 3 or 4 months till new 1 arrives.

skids:
Rock hard seats and crappy bed then :frowning: Luckily its only for 3 or 4 months till new 1 arrives.

Fantastic top bunk though. However, if you’re on the shy side of 6 foot tall you may have a problem getting into it.

No problem getting out though. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

ellies dad:
If you didnt like the '03 then you wont like the '05 as they are basically the same truck .

The 05 is worlds apart from the 03, its only the engine and gears that are the same. The bunk on this one is fantastic, a proper mattress! The seats are very comfortable and there is more storage than I can fill! Top marks for the fridge as well! Very happy! :smiley:

The MP2 was a much better motor than the early actros.
I do miss my old Megashed.

skids:

ellies dad:

The 05 is worlds apart from the 03, its only the engine and gears that are the same. The bunk on this one is fantastic, a proper mattress! The seats are very comfortable and there is more storage than I can fill! Top marks for the fridge as well! Very happy! :smiley:

You could argue they are different ,i prefer the late MP1 myself and i have an MP2 :confused: .

Only driven an actros twice and quite liked it but think the cab could be a couple of inches longer for bed space. I’m 6’2, 6’3 with my boots on (work boots that is :wink: ) and I could stand up straight in it which was quite cool.