An actros for 08

hi from ireland.lots of opinions on here so heres a q?.i have an actros on order for jan 08 its an 1846ls powershift

great cab if its a megaspace

not sure if its the same kind but i drove an 04 plate megaspace today with the gear on the arm rest push the button in and push forward and of you go i thought it was brilliant

probably no help at all sorry :laughing: :laughing:

An Irish haulier with a V6 ■■? Whats going on■■? Change it for a big stonking V8!! :sunglasses: :laughing:

no its an ls cab big enough for days.i dont doubt the comfort its the reliability that i want to know more about.a v8 aint worth it you just end up sittin behind a v6 though if ur tellin me a 460 merc cant pull,well!

ellies dad:
.a v8 aint worth it you just end up sittin behind a v6 though if ur tellin me a 460 merc cant pull,well!

there’s a novelty :wink: getting stuck behind an Irish truck :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Denis F:

ellies dad:
.a v8 aint worth it you just end up sittin behind a v6 though if ur tellin me a 460 merc cant pull,well!

there’s a novelty :wink: getting stuck behind an Irish truck :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

There was no mention of what speed though, was there?

had mine six months, although it’s a classic (53 plate 25460) not the mp2 as i understand it engine wise theres very little difference, hard to compare to a new’n but so far i’ve not spent a single penny on mine apart from the usual inspections etc, that includes it going through it’s test in september without having a spanner on it, that don’t mean that all mercs are wonderfull but with 440k on the clock it’s standing up very well to running at full weight full time, fuel comp is good compared to some figures i’ve heard and it’ll pull as well as anything else.
bit dubious about buying a merc but based on this one, i’d deffo have another.

actros (ANOTHER CRAP TRUCK ROLLS OUTA STUTGART). :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

164480:
actros (ANOTHER CRAP TRUCK ROLLS OUTA STUTGART). :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Scania:

S - silly
C - c***s
A - and
N - numpties
I - in
A - awe

:wink:

We had one on demo, and it wouldn’t pull the skin off a rice pudding!!

Must say I seem to pass alot of them as well, not sure what the fuel figures are for them, but the one we had on demo was about 1 mpg down on our volvo 460’s. The one which runs a truck mounted blower even beat it on fuel!!

thats not right straight away.if volvo are known for one thing ,its there thirst for diesiel.a decade in them has taught me that at least.could it possibly be that a combinatio of mp1 sesor problems and a love it loathe it attitude towards eps g/box has given an otherwise good truck a dubious reputation.

Henrys cat:
We had one on demo, and it wouldn’t pull the skin off a rice pudding!!

Must say I seem to pass alot of them as well, not sure what the fuel figures are for them, but the one we had on demo was about 1 mpg down on our volvo 460’s. The one which runs a truck mounted blower even beat it on fuel!!

If you drive an Actros like a Volvo e.g. lugg it down to low revs on hills, they won’t perform. They have to be driven a gear higher to let the engine spin faster, as that is how Merc designed it, rightly or wrongly :unamused:

I’ve had two mp1’s, one completly trouble free, the other not so. But the parts that have failed on the other have a BOSCH sticker attached :frowning: .
Consumption is around 7-8mpg on low loader work, so I’d have another, especially considering the price differential :sunglasses: .

no complaints about my megaspace. had it 3 years and no probs with it.
got to be one of the best cabs if your away for long periods. would,nt hesitate
to buy another one.

ijust update this

I bought an 04 1858 and am getting around 28/29 l/100kms as oppose to around 30/31 on my 54 plate 480 XF. Both are 4x2’s and rarely gross above 25t.

I absolutly love it to drive and live it. Its a modern truck, unlike the DAF.

arent all those 58"s autotrans.heard it was slow at changin and if you floor it comin on a junction in auto mode it accelarates for a sec then changes down,what the.the 54"s are more popular over here cos they have eps/telligent.

Plambert:
I bought an 04 1858 and am getting around 28/29 l/100kms as oppose to around 30/31 on my 54 plate 480 XF. Both are 4x2’s and rarely gross above 25t.

I absolutly love it to drive and live it. Its a modern truck, unlike the DAF.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Whats that in MPG? I’m very old fashioned and I don’t understand L/KM’s. :blush: :blush:

its 10 mpg for the merc and 9 for the daf. just a point, i dont know how you guys get the mpg posted on this site. i drive an artic pullin sawlogs etc. 42 tonne laden 17.3 empty and run a timber crane for maybe 2 hours a day. my mpg is always between 5.5 and 6.5 mpg :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

i do almost entirely motorway running, mainly at full weight with just the odd light load, i get between 8 -8.5 mpg, when i first bought the wagon i was on a fencing contract pulling prob at most 22t gross, on that 10mpg was acheavable if you didn’t drive like you had nigel mansels underwangers on!
would think the work your doing plus the crane drinking a bit would be as heavy on juice as it gets.