actros v8 's

i am considering a merc actros 540 or 580, but i can not find anyone who runs either, the demo is a 500 so cant really compare that to either, all i want is rough fuel, and any major problems. cheers. v8 karl is your dad on a 540 actros now if so is he impressed?

dont know about the V8 but i own a 460 megaspce {new shape} and cannot complain at all,195000 kms since may 2004 and never put a foot wrong, so they,ve got the cab spot, on the gearbox about right, and the merc V8 is renowned to be bomb proof, so all in all a good machine

Na sorry mate, he’s in one of the Scania’s. :slight_smile: :wink:

gavin c:
, all i want is rough fuel,

:open_mouth: :confused:

What on earth for?

I had a tankful of rough fuel in Afghanistan with the coach years ago and all the passengers had to get out and push up the hills till it worked through :cry:

Seriously Gavin, can’t give you any advice, but I did like (most) of the Mercs I’ve driven.

Salut, David.

thanks for that chavers,karl. pretty much made my mind up. heard nothing but good about the460.

Weve just had 4 new 460s and running with a 15 3 tautliner from Wrexham down to Shepton Malet and back the onboard fuel computer was showing 10.6 mpg. We only carry empty drinks cans so theres no weight & we always run home empty but
the 420 Scanias they`ve replaced never came anywhere near that,not that iam
paying for the fuel, just playing with the computer when i get board :laughing:

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :sunglasses:

You didn’t used to get 10mpg out of the scania’s with empty cans on :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

That’s outrageous. I used to get 13 out of the 420 scania that I had, taking cardboard from Huntingdon to Falmouth. And reloading out of Truro with plastic crates for Kettering.
:sunglasses:

That was always a 13’10" Tautliner, but I wouldn’t have even dreamt that pulling a 15’3" would hammer the fuel that much. Scary