2006 56 Reg MERCEDES-BENZ ACTROS 25 46 LS MEGASPACE 6x2

Hi,
Looking for some info on 2006 Merc 2546 LS Megaspace, approx 420,000 K’s does anyone operator these
and what sort of problems do you get ? also, what MPG, I have only operated Volvo and Scania so not sure
what they are like.

Many thanks

JJSL

i bought a new mp2 in 2004, ran it for 5 years, 630,000 kms and the only thing i did {apart from the obvious} was put a new headlight in the o/side as it wouldnt adjust for its 3rd test, faultless truck and if i was in the market to buy new again it would be at the top of my list, the one i had was on cab springs and the ride did start to suffer towards the end, if i was having another i would make sure the cab was on air

firm i work for runs quite a few double sometimes triple shifted 7 days a week only real problem we seem to suffer is headlight bulbs blow regularly for some obscure reason. if you drive it sensibly you can regularly get over 9mpg, i would recomend if your buying from merc to get a 2 day course thrown in at wentworth,i found it very informative and they teach you how to get the best out of it with, where the sweet spot on the rev counter is,and when to leave well alone when its pulling hard and your temted to grab another gear.

we ve run 3 from the first actros that came out a face lift mp1 and now a mp2 all good motors but all have had to have cab mountings replaced and just check the gearbox end of the prop shaft for lift in the gearbox its comon our mp2 has been like it for 2 years now n not really got any worse there is a tolerance merc let them go to on inspections itsnot a bearing it the bearing carrier/casting in the box = new box

chaversdad:
i bought a new mp2 in 2004, ran it for 5 years, 630,000 kms, the one i had was on cab springs and the ride did start to suffer towards the end, if i was having another i would make sure the cab was on air

The rear cab shockers seem to go around 5-600 k, as do the front axle shocks which exaggerates the cab bounce. They’re around £120 a throw, as are the axle shocks.
I’ve had cabs on steel springs and air suspended and couldn’t really say there was a lot of difference.
MP2 Actros are pretty bulletproof, and definatly a big improvement over the earlier MP1 which didn’t do Merc any favours at all :neutral_face:

Sorry for the delay in getting back to everyone, but have been away in Spain, and only just got back.
So, many thanks to everyone for the info and from what everyone’s said, I think it’s worth giving them
a try.

Best regards

JJSL

I have an '08 1846 on timber haulage. Great truck allround,i get out of it in the evening and am ache free :smiley: .

i drive a v6 460 megaspace mp2 and its a great truck pulls well and loadsa a space to live in, ive had scanias and volvos and can honestley say i dont think id go back to either by choice