New driver

I passed my C licence last year at the happy old age of 20 beening in ireland u can do ur rigid and artic at 18. having passed my test i went out to look for a job only to be told by all the irish companys i am to young to driver cuase insurance is 25 there so why can we do our test at 18. so off i trot to europe and the uk looking for international jobs only to be told u need to be 21 to drive. So here i sit 20yrs old full licence (passed 1st time i might add) then brain kicked in. look into removals firms it told me so i did. now they all have my details and just after my 21st birthday the phone rings from a company who i applied to jst after passing my test. i now have an interview with them this week and will gain experiance driving uk and continental routes in a ridgid while gaining customer service skills at the same time. so my note to all new young drivers is look in2 removals at the start of summer. they always need new drivers and its a good way to gain experiance

Welcome to TruckNet Uk acceptme
and good luck with the interview :smiley:

thanks for the welcome this fourm is great. Will post about how the interview goes and if i get the job next week as will be home with my comp.

Good luck with the interview :slight_smile:

Hello all so im just back from the Uk and im delighted to say that i have aced the interview and have gotten the job. Now i have to pack up all my things and move to England and get use to everything. The good thing about this job is im gaining the valuable experiance that is required so much these days so im quite pleased with it and the companys fleet isnt to big either.

nice one m8 :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:
shame you have to leave home to get a job though.

Ye i know but i see it as a new adventure in life and im getting my experiance :smiley: so not complaining at all. Get some experiance in a rigid then do my C+E at the end of the summer. hopefull by then the driving school will have digital tachographs in there lorry so will know the basics when i get my 1st artic job