Hello from new wannabe driver

As a new member I want to say hello and introduce myself. :wink: So, my name is Slavko, I’m polish but I live in the UK for over a year now. I’m 18 and I want to be a LGV driver since I can remember. Now I have the opportunity to do that and I’m not sure about these age requirements (I could misunderstand something, since I don’t know how much I can rely on my knowledge of the english language :wink: ), so tell me if I’m wrong - can I drive C and C+E licence vehicles at the age of 18, after passing driving test and Driver CPC? If yes, then it is fantastic news for me. :smiley:

Also, I had a call today from them, and the guy was talking something about Class 1 and Class 2 licence, that I have to do the Class 1 first (which is a C1 category from what Google says) and then do the Class 2 one. Is it true, or he just tried to make me spend 1200 pounds for something I don’t really need? By the way, anyone knows anything about them: trucktraininguk.com/ ?

Regards :wink:

They say not a training broker so go in and see them , see the vehicles talk to the trainers see if they make you feel welcome and if you could train with them , you will have to feel good about them its a lot of money to hand over and look around for other companies that you can go in and see shop around you will have something to compare against but dont part with your money until you are completly satisfied , and yes you can start your training at 18 and you will need to pass c1 first then cat c then can go onto c+e but you may find it hard getting a start at your age due to insurance issues and the fact you are a new driver when passed but you wont be 18 forever and the earlier you start the sooner that magic two years will be counting down , so if its something you really want to do then go for it but beware you wont walk straight into a job at the end of it all unless you are very very lucky

best of luck with it all

jen x

Hi Mate and welcome
Like Jen says its gonna be hard to find a job at 18yrs unless you are very lucky just make sure that you dont use a Broker for training in HGV … Cut out the Middle man and go direct to a trainer saving a lot of money visit a few localy and see what the best deal is and I think that you can take cat C then cat C+E Missing out C1 which is 7.5 ton But I could be wronge my Mates gone streight for C from a car licence :smiley: but hes 24 yrs old .
Best of Luck Roy

YAMBOL57:
Hi Mate and welcome
Like Jen says its gonna be hard to find a job at 18yrs unless you are very lucky just make sure that you dont use a Broker for training in HGV … Cut out the Middle man and go direct to a trainer saving a lot of money visit a few localy and see what the best deal is and I think that you can take cat C then cat C+E Missing out C1 which is 7.5 ton But I could be wronge my Mates gone streight for C from a car licence :smiley: but hes 24 yrs old .
Best of Luck Roy

Yep you are correct you do not need to do C1 you can go straight to C then CE providing you have a car license .

Thank you for your answers and support :wink: I will find some time in the nearest future and I’ll go visit that Truck Training UK centre :smiley:

Regards :slight_smile:

This has got to be a wind up surely…

Saaamon:
This has got to be a wind up surely…

I wondered when someone else was going to spot that :unamused:

Come on people, the OP is the typical broken english you would find in a 1970’s sitcom.

iDriver

Come on people, the OP is the typical broken english you would find in a 1970’s sitcom.

Well, sorry to say that, but which part of “I’m polish but I live in the UK for over a year now” you don’t understand? :confused: :neutral_face: Are you treating everyone who is new like this? :unamused:

EDIT:

And if any Mod/Admin has any concerns about my presence here, then contact me via PM…

slavko17:

Well, sorry to say that, but which part of “I’m polish but I live in the UK for over a year now” you don’t understand? :confused: :neutral_face: Are you treating everyone who is new like this? :unamused:

Oh behave yourself ‘slavko17’, that last comment show’s without doubt you are no more polish than the queen. Sarcastic comments in english after just 1 years in the UK… Yeah right :unamused:

iDriver

Hmm don’t make yourself look stupid please… I am here just for one year, that’s right, but do you think they don’t teach english at school in Poland? :angry:

No Really, well I never :unamused: Which lesson do they teach sarcasm in then :smiley:

Do you think that sarcasm is skill reserved only for English people? I’m polish, but I’m not an idiot - don’t expect me to respect you, if you don’t respect me.

Funniest bit about this is that an 18 year old expects to drive an HGV…

Not a chance mate unless you know someone or want to pay them to let you have a go…

Truckulent:
Funniest bit about this is that an 18 year old expects to drive an HGV…

Not a chance mate unless you know someone or want to pay them to let you have a go…

I don’t know what is so funny in that. As they say - better to try and then regret doing it, than regret not doing it at all, if you know what I mean. :wink: Anyway I don’t care for a job for now - at the moment I just want to do the course and the CPC.

Yea 18 is very young he might not get a job driving a HGV for years, but id say go for it your young and you wont be 18 forever. Best of luck!