Hi new hopefull driver

God I did a quick search for “assessment drive” and my own post came up and fast forward few years I now have my c+e too but I got my first c+e assesment drive commin up tomorrow first one I have ever done any tips lady’s and gents I mean I have the job if I pass this thanks alot chaps !! First c+e job

Take care when you drop a trailer that when you pull forward off the pin, you stop and make sure the rear air suspension is fully deflated and the fifth wheel is no longer suppporting the trailer.

If the rear axle is still under pressure from the trailer even if you are pressing the down button on the controller and still pull away.The rear cross member of the tractor will clang into the trailer.

Not a good idea. They can’t wait to bin you for it.

All anyone can expect is good basic lorry driving, use your head and you’ll be fine.

W

Hello after reading quite a few post’s on these forums i thought i’d add my experiance 's progress so far here goes :unamused: .

i guess im one of the lucky guy’s on here after reading a lot of people cannot find a job in the current climate after holding there licence for a while now, im lucky in that my company are paying for the whole lot (class 2) apart from my medical which cost me £15 from a well known local doctor amoung the transport community in exchange for a 12 month stay which i think is very reasonable, see i have been a drivers mate comming up to 3 years now doing national deliveries to shops owned by our company which with 7 trucks (six 18T Mercedes Atego’s 1823 & 1824 and one 7.5T atego 815).

I have been driving the 18T on the road on L plates (with older driver) after i passed my theory test 96/100 and hazard perceptions tests 82/100 i am as keen as ever now to get on with my licence booked 4 days training and test week commenceing 7th june :slight_smile:, however i am especially lucky only been 22 to be given this chance and the insurance was lowered to 21 after a young driver also who they trained up passed his test few years ago, from what little driving i have done i have loved every minute of it and hope to pass first time i know i will always be learning till i stop driving and looking forward to this.

I think getting driving experiance before hand is really helpful which im also grateful for ive driven from workington to bham (i drive when empty to do with cpc) the likes of wrexham to bham and liverpool ect all over the experiance of different enviroments and different area’s is priceless no matter how many tests you take you can’t beat driving on the big open road i use the word “big” loosely or feels like that at times lol on some of the roads ive come across, ive even had a breakdown already lol just about to enter j25 north bound on m1 off the round about when a air connector went :blush: stopped truck safely and then couldnt get moving after handbrake wouldn’t release only get to 8 bar pressure needed to get to 10 so had a nice visit from the HATO’s who were friendly enough and helpfull and we got recovered within the hour they showed up :slight_smile: after giving the bosses at base a bit of a bollocking lol

so with all that done with id jus like to say hi :smiley: and look forward to joining the “Truckers Club” soon

Hi SI_A,

You have a massive advantage when going for your training, because you don’t have to become familiar with an 18t vehicle.
I’d advise you to have an assessment at the training school, because you may possibly need less training hours than the ‘average’ trainee. Sod’s law says that you’ll need some extra hours to get rid of any bad habits that you’ve picked up, but please try to prove them/me wrong. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

My tip for your training is to forget any company procedures that conflict with what your instructor tells you. :grimacing: :wink:

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome SI_A :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

SI_A:
(i drive when empty to do with cpc)

You are quite legal to drive fully laden as the same rules apply to driving empty and it has nothing to do with the Dcpc.

All the LGV TRAINING TIPS, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

The link includes THE INITIAL DRIVER CPC which started on 10 Sept 2009.
What arrangements have been made for you to do the two initial Dcpc tests ?

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

SI_A:
my medical which cost me £15 from a well known local doctor amoung the transport community

This site has a list of cheap medical places around the UK so if that Doctor is not on it and is available to perform cheap medicals on all drivers then I am sure that members would like the Name, Address & Tel number of that Doc.

ROG:

SI_A:
my medical which cost me £15 from a well known local doctor amoung the transport community

This site has a list of cheap medical places around the UK so if that Doctor is not on it and is available to perform cheap medicals on all drivers then I am sure that members would like the Name, Address & Tel number of that Doc.

Just had a look he is on there good old dr pottinger lol impossible to fail, unless u die at the surgery/house :slight_smile:

dieseldave:
Hi SI_A,

You have a massive advantage when going for your training, because you don’t have to become familiar with an 18t vehicle.
I’d advise you to have an assessment at the training school, because you may possibly need less training hours than the ‘average’ trainee. Sod’s law says that you’ll need some extra hours to get rid of any bad habits that you’ve picked up, but please try to prove them/me wrong. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

My tip for your training is to forget any company procedures that conflict with what your instructor tells you. :grimacing: :wink:

yea ive picked up a few im trying to iron them out now before i go for training and i will take ur advice and ask for another assessment but the extra time may help me be fullly ready i hope thanks for your advice very much appreciated :smiley:

ROG:
. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome SI_A :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

SI_A:
(i drive when empty to do with cpc)

You are quite legal to drive fully laden as the same rules apply to driving empty and it has nothing to do with the Dcpc.

All the LGV TRAINING TIPS, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

The link includes THE INITIAL DRIVER CPC which started on 10 Sept 2009.
What arrangements have been made for you to do the two initial Dcpc tests ?Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

thanks for that rog i was unsure do i have to use a tachograph since im in a company vehicle? i put one in anyway just incase we get stopped but i was just wondering?

I’ve sorted that lot out for you Si, there were actually three separate posts that somehow got jumbled. dd. :wink:

What arrangements have been made for you to do the two initial Dcpc tests ?

sorry rog i missed that i am on the understanding i have to do a initial cpc test to drive commercially and then is it 5 in the next 5 years do the peridoic sorry im not well clued up on the whole cpc yet i think my tm is making arrangements now ?

SI_A:
sorry rog i missed that i am on the understanding i have to do a initial cpc test to drive commercially and then is it 5 in the next 5 years do the peridoic sorry im not well clued up on the whole cpc yet i think my tm is making arrangements now ?

If you click the link in my signature below then it goes into some detail as to what is involved for the Initial Dcpc

You have the Periodic bit correct - 5 years to get in 35 hours from the date you pass the module 4 initial

The initial Dcpc module 2 theory needs passing asap as you need that pass to do the module 4

just a quick update today i felt i had my best day training and got my test at garrets green 1.30pm tomorrow !

How did your test go mate?

sorry i didnt reply ive been with out a net connection few weeks lol yea i failed my 1st test on my reverse buggared it up but had a retst yesterday and passed woo had gary second time just passed i emphasize just lol ! :blush:

:smiley: :smiley: