New driver London parking

On Monday my new driver will be going to Guildford street then on to Wokingham , I guess that by the time he’s found the job and got tipped he will need a break before getting too tangled up in traffic , the only place I can think of to send him to park round by London zoo ? I’ve waited on there many times my self trouble free .

You’d be wiser to see he takes a break BEFORE going into London if you’re running from Manchester area?

TiredAndEmotional:
You’d be wiser to see he takes a break BEFORE going into London if you’re running from Manchester area?

Absolutely, get a break in just before you go in, he then should be able to drop and get the hell out of that ■■■■ hole.

TiredAndEmotional:

Yep stop at London gateway on M1 then when done drop come out on M4 and have another break at Heston , Wokingham is only about 3/4hour drive from there
P/s which Guildford street

It’s The Guildford st B502 , I can do it in 3 hrs but iam wondering how long it will take him ,I can’t see him wanting to going early enough to get a break in first .

Id deffo have a break on the way in, id much prefer to have 4 hours to play in the cesspit then 2.

Get in, get out. The less time spent in the capital the better.

Iv had the pleasure of the capital a few times this year, luckily enough majority of that time it was dark.

Punchy Dan:
It’s The Guildford st B502 , I can do it in 3 hrs but iam wondering how long it will take him ,I can’t see him wanting to going early enough to get a break in first .

Cant you tell him to it would be far better as there’s to many wardens around there and even though he may have 1 1/2 to get out the A40 Marylebone road can soon eat in to that as I’ve found out and ended up taking a break in a load bay at Knightsbridge :blush:
Listen to us who go in to Calcutta regularly :wink: he then may have enough time to do Wokingham and get back past oxford on way home

Punchy Dan:

Give him our advice and leave the decision up to him. He has to learn one way or another as Debbie said!

You do know that royal parks have a commercial vehicle ban on them .I E you are not aloud in them .London zoo is in
regents park.

fingermissing:
You do know that royal parks have a commercial vehicle ban on them .I E you are not aloud in them .London zoo is in
regents park.

I ment on Prince Albert rd not in the park ,a lot of my crane work in London is in regents pk and other pks plus most of the embassies doing the cast iron street furniture .

fingermissing:
regents park.

Now how did we use to deliver all the food, for the fluffy cuddly animals !!

Parking in London is no problem…

Tbh Punchy, Prince Albert Rd is where I would head for on the waiting bays there.
Not much else about when heading out of Guilford St. If he can get sth of the river there are paking bays after 10am on the A3 Wandsworth over Trinity Rd but he may not get that far.
Could be a break whilst tipping tbh.
(Did I say that out loud?)

I think the point is being missed a bit here. This is a new driver who might experience some difficulty finding the drop etc and may lose valuable time to the extent where he runs out of options. If he takes a 45 before going into Londonistan he will be in a better position if it goes a bit Pete Tong on him.

TiredAndEmotional:
I think the point is being missed a bit here. This is a new driver who might experience some difficulty finding the drop etc and may lose valuable time to the extent where he runs out of options. If he takes a 45 before going into Londonistan he will be in a better position if it goes a bit Pete Tong on him.

That’s why Punchy was asking , and like me and others including you have said 45 it on the out skirts then go in commando style and get back out again

Commando style?

With no undercrackers on?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

El Deano:
With no undercrackers on?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

:open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

FLIP:
Tbh Punchy, Prince Albert Rd is where I would head for on the waiting bays there.
Not much else about when heading out of Guilford St. If he can get sth of the river there are paking bays after 10am on the A3 Wandsworth over Trinity Rd but he may not get that far.
Could be a break whilst tipping tbh.
(Did I say that out loud?)

Ive advised him to go 15 mins earlier and have a 15 on the way if he feels he needs it , and I added that he should be there by 7 am so pos get 30mins outside before the pay to park starts , if not he should go round to Prince Albert rd when tipped ,I also said to go straight out on the A40 for his own benefit rather than any satnav ideas of going towards the A4 .hes armed with my 1997 London A-z with mass’s of circles in pen on most pages :unamused:

What parking are we talking about there? I thought it’s all permit holders only round there?