Well thats [zb]it!

friday tipped at hemel then down to harrow got there early(0530) so debenhams haven’'t opened the gate yet so reversed in of the main road.

rung the office up and told them i was going on poa for a hour as they wern’t due in till half past 6.
finished tipping so off i go with a hour left to go and have my break at gateway services.

big mistake!!!

m1 closed from jnc 1 to jnc 5 :open_mouth: due to accident,got about 25 mins let to get to kings cross at 8am :open_mouth: the island at staples corner was grid locked so went around the brent cross shoping centre and ended up on the a41 heading into town. the problem was that i haven’t got my map with me,

got to swiss cottage and started to panic so started to head up some b road (b509) back towards camden town. by this time i’ve gone over my six hours by 15 minutes and the only place to park was a loading bay on a red route outside some shop with 4 hours 27 mins on the clock :open_mouth:

why is there no parking in central london, where else is there to park near staples corner, [zb] london i hate the place :smiling_imp:

jon
[/b]

my sypathies are with you at longs we used to do a job for AP UK toliet rolls out of black country way j10 of m6 and i always got stuck with 3 drops london and they all crappy pound shops in london and if you couldnt get to one cos of parking restrictions you would phone the yard and they would say

" just park up and il phone you back " !!!

WHERE DO YOU PARK IN LONDON all those ■■■■ red routes and yellow lines while you wait for the office to phone you back 1/2 hr later.

right lads! who`s for the lynch mob? and a moderator to boot!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

It could happen in a lot of places but it does [zb] you off, and leaves you fed up the rest of the day :angry: Did a multidrop job including Leyton and Kings Cross this week, ages since i’d done London drops, i mean those that are on london postcode as opposed to them which inside the M25 but not by much. Enjoyed it aswell, though probably wouldnt want to do it as often as i used to, :wink:

Well if you’re out of time you can either go over and drive to the next suitable place to park, then write on the back of the tacho why you drove overtime. Or, and this is far the most exciting option,- you can park the lorry wherever and wait for the coppers to come along and sign your tacho so that you can drive over time :laughing: :wink:
Perhaps we’d eventually see some lorry parking fascilities appearing if we all started to do that.

■■
Jo

I used to go from Lincoln to the centre of London every Wednesday morning its roughly about a 3 hour drive then a 20/30 minute tip and then try and get out again so i used to have my break just before i went in to London thus leaving m a 4.5 hour drive plenty of time to get out of London after tipping

I once pulled over in a red route whilst driving a car for Social services to allow some one to be sick. As he is standing being sick into some bushes, some pig in a Police uniform decides to stop & inform me that I had to move.
It turns out it was not his problem & he was just doing his job.
It was no good arguing so I told him to give me a ticket & I would appeal.
He did & so did I. It took the standard two appeals but I won.
I assume everyone knows that the first appeal normally fails as it deters people from appealing to a win.