NEW DAF XF?

Just been looking at some on line pics of the ‘New’ DAF XF. what I see is another reworking of the old Cabtec cab as used on the Pegaso Troner , Seddon Atkinson Strato and original DAF 95. I don’t know about you guys but I reckon given Paccar’s position on the world truck building stage it is about time this now very outdated cab be completely replaced. I myself drive an 07 plate 105 XF Space Cab and it must now be the only vehicle in existence on the planet with rain gutters fitted which rust like a bean tin in a salt mine. Also by modern standards the windscreen is really quite shallow and as result has quite a blind spot down the passenger side.The tooling for this outdated cab must have paid for itself years ago so come on DAF ,bring an otherwise excellent vehicle into the 21st century by treating it to a well deserved brand new cab!!! What do you guys think■■?

More on it here

truckingtopics.co.uk/dafnewxfiaa.html

Finaly one piece windows !
Always was a pet hate of mine with Dafs the window line was always in my mirror view ;-(
And it’s been de seamed !
I suppose the prove is in the pudding hopefully will get a demo as our unit by has been put off till jan at earliest as a nice "time n motion " guy is coming in to check us out :frowning:

The SSC XF is always referred to as the best cab to live in,no wonder they did’nt change it much.That grille look’s hideous though :open_mouth:

All Euro 6 trucks have got huge grille areas…they have to cool the heat exchanger for the exhaust gas recirculation system.

Iveco is the one exception…because they reached Euro 6 without EGR

GasGas:
All Euro 6 trucks have got huge grille areas…they have to cool the heat exchanger for the exhaust gas recirculation system.

Succesfully :question:

GasGas:

The new Volvo / Renault Euro 6 engines only have very small EGR sys tems. From what I understand Volvo / Renault use EGR to bring the engine up to operating temperature and its not used in normal use. I don’t know if its going to be the same for the 16 litre Euro 6.

Is DAF bringing out a new XF as i thought i seen one disguised not far from the M5 junction on the M42 this morning, or could it be the new Merc that a few people have spotted recently :question: :question:

It may be the new merc. I have seen what looks like the new merc on the m50.

it could just be the new volvo which various people have described as looking like a actros/premium/iveco and every other brand under the sun.

there is a new daf coming out as far as i am aware dunno when though

I passed a heavily disguised new mercedes in Germany the other day, looks pretty good

I think the new merc upper roof does look like the 105 roof. The new Volvo seems to be going to a variant of the old " F " series. Which getting rid of the wasteful slopeing screen is a good idea.

Won’t be a new big cab Daf for the next 5 years according to our local salesman

jessicas dad:
I think the new merc upper roof does look like the 105 roof. The new Volvo seems to be going to a variant of the old " F " series. Which getting rid of the wasteful slopeing screen is a good idea.

Noticed that the other day, a volvo must lose alot of space to a daf due to it having a sloping top half

bubsy06:

jessicas dad:

Noticed that the other day, a volvo must lose alot of space to a daf due to it having a sloping top half

I thought you drove a volvo?

Hate to admit it but i quite like dafs, i’m using someone elses at the moment whilst my stralis is being repaired (no surprise) and its bloody quick for 310hp and generally a very nice place to spend the day.

Saaamon:

bubsy06:

jessicas dad:

I thought you drove a volvo?

Hate to admit it but i quite like dafs, i’m using someone elses at the moment whilst my stralis is being repaired (no surprise) and its bloody quick for 310hp and generally a very nice place to spend the day.

I do drive a volvo but never noticed the severity of the sloping front end until the other week when a daf was parked next to me. Volvo has to copy a few things from daf including straightening up the front end, a nice big flat dashboard and comfy bed.

did it look like this

Carl:
did it look like this

Doesn’t look that new to me… looks like another re-skinned 1987 Troner cab

gogzy:
I passed a heavily disguised new mercedes in Germany the other day, looks pretty good

how would you know it looked pretty good if it was heavily disguised :open_mouth: ?
or was the disguise pretty good :confused: