New look DAF XF unveiled

commercialmotor.com/latest-n … ils-new-xf

Looks abit like a merc but orange hope its more reliable

Looks like the illegitimate love child of a Scania and an Actros with a bit of Daf thrown in for good measure!

I think they are all going to look this way because of euro 6.

I think MAN grill and Merc bumper and the rest no real change from the current 105XF.

Certainly a testimony to them getting the original cab spot on in 1987 when it was first introduced…

I think that looks lovely!

:open_mouth: OMG not impressed. Too samey with the ugly Craptros :unamused:
Suppose it might grow on me.
Look like its just got a new front
But, in that link the other photo seem to show they might have actually got rid of the stupid bar down the window :smiley: About time too

looks OK, but probably would’ve been better without the massive DAF badge there, and moved to under the window. suppose it’s been done like that so you can add signwriting under the window though!

good point from Derf about them sticking to the same cab design for so long though

There’s something very low-rent about Daf’s and as the article suggests, underneath the glitz and sparkle…it’s a very, very old design.

Looks like a lorry. Whats the office bit in the inside like?

Will Daf ever come up with a new shape? Call it a Leyland Daf Super space Cab, 95,95xf,105 or whatever, it’s same old same old. Just like the CF (long overdue replacement needed) bearing a resemblance to old Leyland technology.
Is this Paccar making them stick to the traditional shape, just like they do with Kenworth and Peterbuilt? I can’t tell a recent KW from one 20 years old and it seems Daf are going this way.
Merc and Volvo are more impressive looking I think.

Looks like TGA headlights cut and shut onto the old XF.

ThrustMaster:
There’s something very low-rent about Daf’s and as the article suggests, underneath the glitz and sparkle…it’s a very, very old design.

If you click on the link you’ll see the cab is the only old thing on there, aside from that it’s totally new, new chassis, new engine and eventually a new gearbox. there’s also an interior pic, although it looks like DAF have adopted the ‘if it aint broke, don’t fix it’ ethos with the interior.

See Volvo,this how you build a truck for a driver to live in!!
After looking at that Volvo/ERF ECX OLYMPIC on Sunday,I’d take this over the Volvo anytime!
Good on you Daf,original cab design over 25yrs old and as far as I’m concerned,still the one to beat,by the way,did DAF use the paint what was left over from the new Iveco Highway stralis??,everything is going orange now.

Will the bumper still rust like a mother[zb]?

merc0447:
Will the bumper still rust like a mother[zb]?

Depends if you get a spaztic to paint it…

Yes, i do believe it will.

All that’s needed now is for Scania to release something ugly and Merc will win the Battle Of The Heavies hands down…looker on the outside, well laid out on the inside. All Merc need is the power of a Scanny and a box that is on terms with the i-shift or the 2 pedal Opti-cruise and they’ve cracked it…but thats just me! I remember starting out on a Leyland Freighter…what a pile of she-ite that was, much like the 'Leyland CF’s of today!! (Sorry Muckaway!!!) Isn’t that why, when DAF purchased Leyland, they dropped the ‘Leyland’ bit, because of the stigma that went with the name or something?

I like it. Maybe I’m biased because I’m a big fan of DAFs. Just goes to show the cab was good when first introduced. At least it looks better than the Actros and FH. Am I the only person who thinks the FH looks ugly. Looking on another site it shows that DAF have got rid of the quarter light in the doors which is going to be an improvement on the old XF and they claim the bunks are going to be even better. To be fair they were spot on anyway.