New look DAF XF unveiled

Dont keen, think the current one looks much better, nearly as good looking as a scania.

looks better than new volvo. cab doesnt look like changed much inside same lay out just newer toys

There are more images here

Do you reckon they’ll hang this one out for another 25years lol.

The XF isn’t a bad motor, but more than looks upgrading they need to concentrate on the driving experience IMHO, cabin arrangement (ie no decent cup holder like a Scania), crappy steering and turning circle, longevity of the seats, materials on steering wheel, crap slow auto dither box etc etc

Pic looks like a half baked cheap facelift rather than a brand new unit from the ground up.

Funny enough sat in an XF tonight :slight_smile:

daf.com/newxf/

Derf:
Certainly a testimony to them getting the original cab spot on in 1987 when it was first introduced…

Thats the trouble, change it too much and you loose those who have stayed with you for years

jase:
everything is going orange now.

Being that Orange is the national colour of Holland (House of Oranje) I suppose its as good a colour as any.
I always had a soft spot for the 95 SSC, so I would be happy with one.

Just for you phantom 309 two cup holders in the dash. It’s also got a new chassis, engine, axles, suspension, brakes and inside a new dash for you to look at. If you look you will see a new windscreen and new access steps so all in all quite a few changes. I can’t wait to drive one!

Apologies phantom 309 that was phantom mark!

Cool, about time the lazy buggers did a big update. Sounds good.

Not sold on the looks, but all those other updates make a difference that’s all that really matters eh :slight_smile:

Well overdue, not a massive change on the outside but new engines axles chassis etc might eventually feel like the cab is attached to something, and hopefully they won’t burn oil by the gallon.

Could do with a new model of the CF as well. Not a fan myself particularly where the CF is concerned but loads of them on the road so they can’t be that bad.

Having looked at the pics it looks like the same bloody dashboard and instruments “again”, I can’t see the magic cup holders all I see is more of the same dash mould with some chinz stuck on it.

I don’t know what you are all moaning about ? … it’s better than anything over here :slight_smile:

Nasty :cry:

not much changed really however i think they are good workhorses and maybe its a cases of if something aint broke dont fix it its a great cab for living in that little cuby hole thing on the back wall with a charging socket is a good idea also the bottle holder behind the drivers seat looks fatter like its a cooler id be happy to have one

It’d look better with the Foden kite badge on the front and a 500 Cat or ■■■■■■■ powering it.

Looks awful. The cabtec design has served daf well but I think it’s time for a change. Not seen a new Volvo in the flesh and Im not a massive fan from what I’ve seen but I think merc have realy raised the bar with the actros.
I think daf could find there selfs left behind if they don’t update the cab soon.
Is it a totally new engine or just updated as the paccar mx is fairly new anyway?

I’m a big fan of the xf,but a quick look at the exterior made me cringe a little!I think it’s the headlamps,they’ve got a cheap Japanese look about them,almost like a Hino or Isuzu :frowning: However if you look at the changes they’ve made to the chassis and interior then this is going to be the truck to beat! The only critiscism I’ve had of the ones I’ve owned is the quater panel in the windows and the clutch control on the auto when reversing and slow manouvering,these have been changed and many more nice touches added. The XF was always the best to drive and spend weeks away in and now that these changes have been made it’ll be hard to find fault.Maybe the headlights will grow on me and it might look better in the flesh :stuck_out_tongue:

Transc:
I’m a big fan of the xf,but a quick look at the exterior made me cringe a little!I think it’s the headlamps,they’ve got a cheap Japanese look about them,almost like a Hino or Isuzu :frowning: However if you look at the changes they’ve made to the chassis and interior then this is going to be the truck to beat! The only critiscism I’ve had of the ones I’ve owned is the quater panel in the windows and the clutch control on the auto when reversing and slow manouvering,these have been changed and many more nice touches added. The XF was always the best to drive and spend weeks away in and now that these changes have been made it’ll be hard to find fault.Maybe the headlights will grow on me and it might look better in the flesh :stuck_out_tongue:

agree with all of this.
think the scania is the best looking, but for living and working in, the ssc has always been my choice.