Nerves have set in!

Morning all, i need a kick up the backside from you guys, im sitting here after a few months of hard saving with the money to do my cat c+e. Ive been through all the posts, read all the books, set this cat c+e as a goal in my life and yet this morning ive crumbled, im not nervous about the driving, its the coupling/un coupling and reversing that is just scaring the crap out of me. Anybody else felt like this prior to booking it up?
Cheers fellas

never happened with me apart from the reversing.

the coupling/uncoupling is probably teh easiest part of it and the instructor should be able to get u perfect doing it

Thanks Gogzy,
Thanks mate, dont no why the nerves have set in when ive waited so long to get it done, gues i better grow some big ones and go for it mate

As you have probably read in the tips thread via the link in my signature below, the un/couple is an easy to learn procedure.

The reverse is a different kettle of fish but if you get a good instructor then that can be easy too :smiley:

The trainees I had for CE cracked the artic reverse within 2 hours (except one who took a little longer)

Treat the training as FUN because it is fun :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

nah i can see where your coming from, i still get nervous with the reversing sometimes the more you do it the more you will get better at it.

Thanks Rog, im off to book it up then, will keep you all informed.
Cheers guys

yes i have all that as well, C+E next week :open_mouth:

got laid off in january and am risking 2.5k that could pay my mortgage for 3 months on doing this HGV stuff and am feeling the preasure big time not to fail and have the expense of retests :open_mouth: taking C was the worst i had nerves before each lesson and the test but relaxed straight away when i actually started doing it and enjoyed it

i will be more nervous i think doing my 1st loads as i really hate looking green and stupid if i make mistakes which i will

just breath and take your time

Don’t worry too much johnny boy as a good instructor will put you at ease - also try not to put too much pressure on yourself - go with the flow and take each lesson as it comes and your confidence will grow :wink:

johnny boy:
im off to book it up then

Choose carefully - take your time in choosing which school to use - go see them and if possible meet the instructors

I had a complete mental block when I was learning the reverse! literally took nearly 2 days before I managed to do it properly…I knew the logic behind it but I just couldnt get my arms to do what my brain was saying :laughing: got there eventually :smiley:

Jonny boy you will love it mate, the nerves will dissapear in the first 30 mins. Massive wide open space for reversing with the instructor walking next to your window. AS for the couple uncouple, hes not gonna let u pull out from under the trailer without putting the legs down :wink: but double check just in case :laughing: easy peasy mate. Also i noticed your in Surrey, where abouts mate and who are you doing your training with?? Cheers
George

thanks all, there is a slim chance i might be doing it next week, they have a cancallation so my mind is made up and im going for it. Farnboroughboy im in worcester park, i wil be training with ep training down in leatherhead, only downside is they dont have a artic so i will be booking a day with our very own peter smyth when i eventually pass.

Good luck with it and look forward to seeing you. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Good luck on the W&D mate.