First couple days doing cat c

Hi all,

So Iv started doing my training for my cat c. First day was good went very fast started at 8am finished at 3pm.

Had a drive in the morning did a reverse which the instructor was impressed with and the morning drive.
Afternoon for some reason the nerves hit me and started to make mistakes and hating myself. Told myself to snap out of it and do my best I can.
Also afternoon drive the clutch started to slip lots this made me struggle with gears a little.
Second day went ok again the clutch made me struggle and again nerves.

Got told they are going to get the clutch on the truck I was learning is replaced for Monday. So hopefully this will help.
But over all so far seems so good I think.

The Tyneside training services have been great!

Don’t worry pal we all make mistakes just don’t beat your self up about them I had a couple of ■■■■ days training but then it just all of a sudden clicks and your fine

i think it would be helpful for other newbies to know what mistakes exactly have you made

apart form that - no damage, job done, good on you :slight_smile:

Priest:
i think it would be helpful for other newbies to know what mistakes exactly have you made

apart form that - no damage, job done, good on you :slight_smile:

Absolutely, everything helps, all experiences etc, although it must be horrid in the moment making the mistakes but yes still helpful in a way to try to understand it in your own head for future etc,

But yeah def agree, no damage, getting the job done, speed will come with experience naturally like any job i expect but cant be forced.

I’m a newbe my self I’m on about making mistakes on training like hitting kurbs just having a ■■■■ drive etc

samledger1212:
I’m a newbe my self I’m on about making mistakes on training like hitting kurbs just having a [zb] drive etc

Congrats on passing mate just seen your dates,

Did you find it difficult ? who did you train with ?

No I found it OK to be honest
Cat c first to days went brilliant then on the 3rd day had a crap day kept hitting curbs pulled out on round abouts to early 4th day went brilliant test day passed first time

Artic day 1 and day 2 couldn’t for the life of me get the reverse right but the road drive was fine day 3 everything just fell into place with the reverse nailed it every time road drive was fine day 4 was perfect on both road and reverse test day went really well passed first time I’ll just say if you have a bad day traing just don’t even think about it just brush it off and take your time don’t rush anything

samledger1212:
No I found it OK to be honest
Cat c first to days went brilliant then on the 3rd day had a crap day kept hitting curbs pulled out on round abouts to early 4th day went brilliant test day passed first time

Artic day 1 and day 2 couldn’t for the life of me get the reverse right but the road drive was fine day 3 everything just fell into place with the reverse nailed it every time road drive was fine day 4 was perfect on both road and reverse test day went really well passed first time I’ll just say if you have a bad day traing just don’t even think about it just brush it off and take your time don’t rush anything

Sounds good mate, did you go with a local company, good deal ?

Sorry forgot to put that I went with Welwyn in hull yes it was local I paid £1024 for each one

samledger1212:
Sorry forgot to put that I went with Welwyn in hull yes it was local I paid £1024 for each one

Nice :slight_smile:

Hows it going finding work mate ?

Not great to be honest the 2 year experience is starting to get on me nerves now or 1 year experience not a lot of places want to give u a chance in hull need my licence back to then I’ll go round a few yards see if any one will give me a chance just don’t no how you get experience if no one will give u it

samledger1212:
Not great to be honest the 2 year experience is starting to get on me nerves now or 1 year experience not a lot of places want to give u a chance in hull need my licence back to then I’ll go round a few yards see if any one will give me a chance just don’t no how you get experience if no one will give u it

Yeah must be frustrating, however i feel the general consensus is that you can get work but it will most probably be agency not very well paid or hours but still experience/work/reference etc,

But ive seen people on here just passed and working for a big company,

think its sometimes luck and geographically favored on the rest. :angry:

Ye I no ill find something once my licence is back I’ll get to all the yards and agencies most of the agencies want to see my licence and not just the pass certs

samledger1212:
Ye I no ill find something once my licence is back I’ll get to all the yards and agencies most of the agencies want to see my licence and not just the pass certs

Yeah good luck with it bud. :slight_smile:

Cheers pal

I passed Feb this year (Cat C) and was with an agency driving 7.5 and vans. As soon as I got my licence back they chucked me out with a company and eight weeks later was offered a full-time days job. Now drive a 26 Tonner with a Moffett and am happy. 55 this year…

Sumsmeister:
I passed Feb this year (Cat C) and was with an agency driving 7.5 and vans. As soon as I got my licence back they chucked me out with a company and eight weeks later was offered a full-time days job. Now drive a 26 Tonner with a Moffett and am happy. 55 this year…

Noob question alert, whats a moffatt ? :slight_smile:

Wee Man:

Sumsmeister:

google.co.uk/search?q=moffa … &q=moffett

Sorry, don’t check in too frequently. As the link says, flt sat on the back so you’re an independent un/loader. Mine has pneumatic off-road tyres and max lift is 2.6 ton. Easier to tip up than an flt in my experience, but the training I had was good and the lads in the yard are full of advice and help. You can turn them into a motorbike too easily with full-lock at full-speed. Apparently. And allegedly. Look, it’s not big and it’s not clever, OK!!

wrighty1:

Wee Man:

Sumsmeister:

google.co.uk/search?q=moffa … &q=moffett

Ahhhh, better than waiting for the driver to unload you I suppose.