Started c+e training today

hi been looking round this forum for a while and thought i would introduce myself.My name is lee and iam 31 years old.
Had my first day in a artic today i passed my class c about 8 years ago but have been driving 7.5t for the last 5years with very little rigid work.I have picked up many bad habits and struggleed with the splitter box as our 17t vehicles r straight 6 speed. i did mange to get the reverse on my second attempt but needed 2 shunts,hoping to get out on the road a lot more tommorrow to get used to the gears and positioning the vehicle correctly.Iam doing my traing in artic and not a wag+drag which iam happy about as i imagine they r very different.
One more thing it is harder than it looks and you artic drivers get my upmost respect.

Hi fishman

welcome to the mad house mate :stuck_out_tongue: and good luck with your training

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome fishman :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

All the LGV TRAINING TIPS (including a few for artics), and the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

FAQ forum for info on Posting Pics & avatars, How to use quotes, Driver CPC, and much more…

DAY 2

Just had my second days training started with the reversing first time nailed it and then fluffed it twice the person iam training with was the opposite. Felt my driving was better but still hit a couple of kerbs not on the mirrors enough when doing tight turns and not taking all the available road but feel more confident in the generel drive but must work on my position.We also did the uncouple and re-couple which went well. Hoping for more road time tommorrow as with all the reversing and coupleing probably only done 3.5- 4hrs actuall on the road driving. hope i can get it all to click as my test is at Guildford on friday.
Any advice always welcome.

Hey FISHMAN, Well whats the verdict on the test?? Hope everything went well!!

WED was an ok day started to get the hang of it the reversing was still pants though and still messing up the really tight bends,some of them were 45 degrees though coming back on your self .

THURSDAY
Started with reversing was all over the place the instructer put the truck in a few tough spots and told us how to get out of them and and how the unit pushes the trailer.Then he left us to it while he went for a cuppa and i nailed 3 out 3 good enough for me so left it at that I THINK THE PENNY DROPPED, had a good drive to my planning and positioning a lot better.

FRIDAY TEST DAY

had a good drive pre test actually felt i had it me for the first time this week paul the bloke i was training with had his first and passed with 14 minors.Then it was my turn
Not the best drive got nervous which is unlike me thimk because i self funded this one first speed change missed it saw it too late then set of lights changed when i was on top of them doing 40 then tried to get 6 gear while still in the low range,things settled down for a bit until met 3 artics down a very tight country lane luckly a stopped and tucked myself in and they got through ok next thing just down the road even tighter here 2 kids on bikes doing wheelys and racing each over had to hang back what felt like ages as the road was really bendy then no probs for 20 mmins next tight country road a little back road that leaves and re joins a main and that i use myself never seen a truck down there myself what do i meat coming the other way oon a tight bend a bloody artic . Anyway got back to test centre i new i had failed felt like a bad drive but he said iam pleased to tell you its a pass 7 minors. WOOOOOH OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

first time pass well pleased now just a internal depot transfer and ill be driving them.

Congratulations dude :smiley:

Happy days lad, Big well done!!!

:smiley: :smiley:

well done there mate :slight_smile:

Congratulations buddy well done :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Nice one, congratulations. :smiley: :slight_smile: :smiley:

It is a very nice feeling to pass, enjoy. :slight_smile:

Well done, I knew you were going to passs.

Thamks for all the congrats guys/girls just looking forward to been able to get out their and do it for real.

Well done, its encouraging reading blogs especially when I’m just starting out on my Class 2!