Now I'm Nervous...?

OK, 2 days to go, and I start my C+E with PSTT.

And I’m only now getting nervous - talk about them leaving it to the last minute before they kick in…

It’s been 4 years since I last turned a HGV wheel…

So any advice / tips for a ‘returning’ driver would be grateful thanks…

I did my C+E with PSTT, hadn’t driven anything bigger than a van since my cat C test nearly a year before. The pace of the learning and the way it was structured was all very relaxed which obviously is the best way to learn! Pete did a little demonstration drive before letting me drive and I found it really useful having never been in an artic before, it was a bit daunting at first, but Pete talked through his thought process when driving along and really you just have to emulate that. As the course progressed in many ways driving an artic felt easier than a car because of the height on the road and massive mirrors giving far greater visibility and awareness.

Do you know which truck you’ve got? I hope you’re doing it in the proper artic!

Ps Pete if you’re reading this, did you find a buyer for your yellow DAF? :slight_smile: And my employer, is taking me on to their advanced driver coaching course now I’ve got the licence, with a view to transferring me over to that side of the business soon hopefully. :smiley:

The yellow MAN (not DAF!) found a new home in Rotherham and has gone back to “proper” work. The guy fell for it as soon as he saw it. Paid and took it away immediately with a huge smile!!

OP, don’t worry about your course. You know you’re in good hands and, all things being equal, you will have a great result at the end of it. I know I’m wasting my time but my advice is to try and relax and enjoy the experience. If you can manage that, it’s a big help.

All the best with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Think / ‘hope’, I’m in the MAN artic, and with Paul according to my email…

Also, I’m pencilled in for the reverse training on the first day too…! :open_mouth:

As for my nerves…

Maybe I’m just over thinking things and getting wound up over nothing… :blush:

Goodluck Goldfinger for the C+E.

Maybe I’m just over thinking things and getting wound up over nothing… :blush:

It’s perfectly natural and reasonable to be a bit wound up at this point - - but over thinking can be quite destructive so please try not to do it.

You’ll be fine.

Pete :laughing: :laughing: