Starting Cat c+e

Starting my class 1 (c+e) next monday with CTTS Training Bathgate

Excited but a little nervous too.

Its amazing to think in 2 weeks time i could hold my license

Heres hoping it goes to plan, judging by the local jobsites seems alot easier in this part of the world to get full time work class 1 than what I have experienced with having class 2

Good luck with your training fella

Good Luck mate,

CTTS are great, I did both C an CE with them, you should have a great laugh - its deffo a step up from C though.

All the best
Gareth

Hello and good luck with it!

A bit nervous is always good to balance out too much excitement, have fun with it but take it steady :slight_smile:

And then let me have any tips for mine! :grimacing:

failed my course yesterday, had a generally good drive all week, mastered the reversing by wednesday afternoon.

Got to the test centre and my nerves just collapsesed, in and out the bathroom like a yoyo the 20 mins i was there waiting on the examiner, him being ten mins late did little to settle my nerves.

Got out to do the reverse, lined up, obv too far to the right as when i started my reverse the whole time i was too close to the yellow line, as i swung round couldnt see the middle cone in my right mirror so had to shunt (twice) finally 3rd time i saw it but with no shunts left new i had to do a perfect reverse.

Got it round ok, was going into the box all be it a little squint, to cut a long story short i was cutting in at a slight angle and was concentrating that much on my left mirror i missed my point to stop and caught the barrier

As the instructor got in I knew I had failed to which he clarified I had failed that part of the assessment.

At this point I felt broken, totally devastated and didnt even feel confident to continue the assessment.

Gutted was not the word

Calmed down a little now, and decided I will rebook, at the time I was not feeling like I wanted too.

sorry to hear that fella :frowning: but don’t let it put you off, the old nerves can get the better of the best of us

was this the first time you had been in the that test centre? because if it was unfamiliar to were you had been practising your reversing it may have added to the nerves :wink:

how did the rest of the drive go?

didnt do the rest of the drive, jumped out and in a rage stormed off, instructor came round with the truck and found me at the bottom of the road

did my class 2 at that centre but its been 5 years

edinburgh_newbie:
didnt do the rest of the drive, jumped out and in a rage stormed off, instructor came round with the truck and found me at the bottom of the road

Rage or frustration with yourself for letting the nerves take over and cocking up when you knew you could do it outside of the test?

edinburgh_newbie:

did my class 2 at that centre but its been 5 years

you should have carried on with the rest of the test fella!! but you will have realized this now and not then (slap on the back of the heed for that) :astonished:

next time no matter what happens carry on :wink:

and if you can get rebooked ASAP then do it, an keep us posted

ROG:

edinburgh_newbie:

Rage or frustration with yourself for letting the nerves take over and cocking up when you knew you could do it outside of the test?

Frustration that i let nerves take over when I knew i could do it

And now looking back 3 days on I know i should have done the test

Ah well, going to call up my training company and rebook today

So I did my resit this morning…and passed!!!

So buzzing

Anyone with any advice of companies who takes on newbies in central scotland let me know!

edinburgh_newbie:

Congratulations. Onwards and upwards.

edinburgh_newbie:

So buzzing

Anyone with any advice of companies who takes on newbies in central scotland let me know!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Congratulations fella, nicely done

Congratulations drive

edinburgh_newbie:

So buzzing

have you tried malcolm logistics they are just off jct6 of the m8 someone has said they take on new drivers but they start you off on class 2 for a month before class 1

edinburgh_newbie:

So buzzing

Congratulations! Well done, perseverance paid off :smiley: