Need reviews and tips for 2 Agencies

Hello there guys!!
This is my first post so please overlook any mistakes. {I’ve gone through the rules and so far haven’t found anything against reviewing an agency.}
So, I’m a class 1 driver, who has yet to drive a class one for a living. :frowning:
I passed 14 months ago. Since then I’m been doing 7.5 t vehicles. I was happy with my employer as I was in university then, but now that I’ve finished, i have signed up to a driving agency called “Staff UK Bolton”. Can anyone who has had dealings with them tell me a little more about them?

Secondly I’m been advised to sign up with Blue Arrow in Manchester. How are they, will they give me class 1 or 2 work? Keeping in mind I’ve no experience and help my license for 14 months?

All agencies are [zb] !! promise you guaranteed work then cancel at the last minute. Having said that as you have no class 1 or 2 experience then your best option is agency. You’re more likely to get class 2 stuff, take it and gain the experience and then hopefully some class 1 will come along. :slight_smile:

Hello BigT
Well as far as agents ive been very lucky i regestered with two main ones back in April on 7.5 ton work while i was waiting to get my C licence and found them both ok as far as part time work Dave @ Drivers Direct in Leyland was my main one but I also got some work from Johnathon @ Country wide Drivers in Darwin both lancashire i then passed my C and also regestered with Best Conections @ Preston all are on the net and have web sites if you search them and make contact . since I passed my C in July I have had some cat C work from all but you will probably be started of on 7.5 ton work untill you have prooved your self :wink: never heard of Staff UK so i cant help you with that one . another good source of jobs are Reeds and Jobrapido . if you are in Burnley you could try EFS they run out of burnley and have a few good contracts i ahve done work for them in the past :smiley: I hope this Helps mate nothing worse than having a licence and trying to get the expeariance eh

grovegarage:
All agencies are [zb] !! promise you guaranteed work then cancel at the last minute. Having said that as you have no class 1 or 2 experience then your best option is agency. You’re more likely to get class 2 stuff, take it and gain the experience and then hopefully some class 1 will come along. :slight_smile:

Thanks mate, they do be awkward and moody at times, but I have found Staff UK Bolton to be quite polite, although I don’t really see a future with them in driving cos of the lack of work.
I mean after doing 2 months for them, shouldn’t they be giving me a chance for class 2 yet??
have you got any advice for me on Blue Arrow?

YAMBOL57:
Hello BigT
Well as far as agents ive been very lucky i regestered with two main ones back in April on 7.5 ton work while i was waiting to get my C licence and found them both ok as far as part time work Dave @ Drivers Direct in Leyland was my main one but I also got some work from Johnathon @ Country wide Drivers in Darwin both lancashire i then passed my C and also regestered with Best Conections @ Preston all are on the net and have web sites if you search them and make contact . since I passed my C in July I have had some cat C work from all but you will probably be started of on 7.5 ton work untill you have prooved your self :wink: never heard of Staff UK so i cant help you with that one . another good source of jobs are Reeds and Jobrapido . if you are in Burnley you could try EFS they run out of burnley and have a few good contracts i ahve done work for them in the past :smiley: I hope this Helps mate nothing worse than having a licence and trying to get the expeariance eh

thanks for the in depth answer,
Neil from best connections[Preston Branch] cant offer me anything, I’ve been to see him, he said cos of no Xp He’s got no work for me :frowning:
would I be wrong to assume that 2 months is not enough time for the agency[staff UK Bolton] to know me? i mean I have done work for them on very short notices, even Saturdays.
Just Googled EFS Burnley and will be calling them on Monday. which agency do they use BTW?
I was hoping because of Christmas coming, I should have been started on some Class 2 work from my Agency, But nothing so far.
Is it a BIG NO NO to tell the agency that I’ve also signed up with others?
Lastly, what advice can you give me about Blue Arrow?
Thanks Again for the advice, keep it coming

BigT_Burnley:
Hello there guys!!
This is my first post so please overlook any mistakes. {I’ve gone through the rules and so far haven’t found anything against reviewing an agency.}

Hi BigT_Burnley,

Thanks for taking the time to read the Forum Rules.

There’s no problem asking for reviews and opinions in the way that you have. :smiley:

Hello again Big T
Read my thread (Dont Give Up) i dont know if you do live in burnley mate but I have just given up a Job on nights for a bolton based company Mohammed Iqbal haulage Driving a 8 leg tipper was a good wage £12 hr
But I had to travel for it some times picked truck up at preston other times i had to run out of truck stop at Carnforth nr Lancaster so i didnt stick it did 3 weeks . the last straw for me was when the weather went cold week before last I had 3 ton of tarmac stuck in the back and had to shovel it out ( not good at 54yrs old ) so phoned the boss Raff next day when I couldnt get out of bed without pain and thanked him for job but sadly was to much for me … he was ok about it . The point is that when i applied I Told him i had no expearience and they still gave me a chance after i agread to do three days training (without pay ) after two days he said you can manage the job and gave me a start … :smiley: so there are still companies that will take on new drivers its just finding them, … I have gone back to my agencies work now and they were all pleased to hear from me … and are finding me class two work … I did miss the veriety off the work through agents though … If you Google Mohammed Iqbal Haulage on the companies regester the phone number is there and was a good job just not for me … :frowning: but it did give me some class 2 tipper expearience :slight_smile:
Best of luck with your quest T

Thanks I’ll give them a call tomorrow.

BigT_Burnley:

grovegarage:

Thanks mate, they do be awkward and moody at times, but I have found Staff UK Bolton to be quite polite, although I don’t really see a future with them in driving cos of the lack of work.
I mean after doing 2 months for them, shouldn’t they be giving me a chance for class 2 yet??
have you got any advice for me on Blue Arrow?

They would if they were actually in need of a class 2 driver. They obviously don’t have enough work to give you a crack.

Thanks 44 tonne. I actually was referring to a trust issue. But you pointed out the lack of work may also be it! Never thought of it like that.
Thanks to “R H” I called Mohammed Iqbal Haulage. Said he’ll call me if he’s got any work. Signed up with country wide and smart solutions nw this week. Got an appointment with blue arrow on Thursday. Sigh!! May have to wait it out.

Oh well thats Good news T at least there is some hope there for you . :wink: dont just sit and wait if you hear nothing from Raff next week ring him …also did you try EFS in burnley i would but i its a bit to far for me to travel would be ok if i was on nights away and only traveling twice a week but every day would be to much … :frowning: anything is worth a try mate … its a sticky wicket realy but raffs brother Ali also runs tippers but they dont get on i will try and get his number for you …but if you go on Jobcentreplus do a search for hgv driver jobs there are a few class 2 tipper job goin in your local area Blackburn ect . :laughing:

Hello T
Can you ring Johnathon at Country wide mate he phoned me yesterday with a Class 2 Job in Darwin full weeks work
and I cant do it as been contracted out on nights for a while so i mentioned You and told him I would get you to ring . :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: … ALL THE BEST
Roy

thanks mate, I’ve emailed you what happened.