Hi from a newbie

Hi all, great forum
I’ve recently passed my class 1, and need some experience!
I have my own optical business, so i am restricted to odd nights and weekends ( I would even work for free to gain experience)
But i find i keep coming up against the good old catch22 (“sorry mate, we need 2 yrs experience”)
I wanna drive as it has been a childhood dream im now able to fulfill.
I’m in the Manchester (Bury) area if anyone can give me any good advice
many thanks
Steve

welcome steab :slight_smile:
congrats on passing your test :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hi i,m from Rhodes near heywood.
I would say get on with a agency.
Driver hire are not the best but will give you a start.
Maybe class 2 first for a couple of days.

I was with Chadderton.
But they have numerous agencies nationwide.

DRIVERHIRE BOLTON are advertising on there website
“NEWLY PASSED DRIVERS WELCOME”

Worth giving them a bell?

Good luck

try uniloads in warrington, they deliver new trucks etc…

tobytyke:
try uniloads in warrington, they deliver new trucks etc…

hope you like hitchhiking :wink:

I’m sure there are several posts on here about uniloads - use the search button at the top of the page :wink:

As above give Driver Hire a go just as a means of getting experience … be prepared to do C2 or even 7.5 just as means of getting your foot in the door. Hardest part of Haulage is knowing were you going and getting there in one piece… Once you have a few jobs under your belt and feel more confident you can start to look at other agencies as you will be able to tell them who you have delivered for bit like CV . Agencies compete for the same bussiness so there is always more than one agency dealing with a company. eventually you will be able to pick and choose who you work for and what hours you do. Especially in the Manchester Area for C1 as agencies are starting to recruit and advertise now due to xmas scheduling starting to take effect.

:smiley: