How about some work

Hi there everyone,
I’m 22 and have been in the haulage game for 5 years now. im a Hgv mechanic by trade but have been shunting aswell for about the same amount of time.
I’ve recently got my class 1 and I’m wondering where the best place for me to start might be, ie, agency, small haulier, big outfit? I’m willing to do time on a class 2 for a while to get some experience. I’m in the Stockport side of Manchester. Any ideas? Thanks

All I can offer is my experience and as a newly qualified LGV driver Agency was the way to go for me. Here I can get experience and based on jobs adverts, that is what counts unless you know people.
As most have said in my posts “Knock on doors” and with you being a Mac and all should know companies whose vehicles you serviced?

Thanks for the advise. I’ve tried a few customers I used to deal with but most of them have said you need to be over 25yrs and no positions available at the moment, so ill get in touch with a couple of agencies and see what I can find.
Would you recommend any agencies that you have worked for?

I’m not sure where you are in the UK and I used Smart Recruitment. Saw them Thursday and was working Friday.
Another is Drive Hire or Jobcentreplus website www.gov.uk to name a few.

Good luck

Thanks pal ill try them

Driver Hire are renowned for taking on newbies.

You may have to start with 7.5t or C to build up some trust with them. A couple of weeks and they should have you out on CE work.

Other than that, go door knocking as has been suggested.

Give us a clue of where you are in the country and those that are local to the area might have some ideas. Also how far you want to travel.

Try allied bakery they always seem to be taking on! Where do you
Work as a fitter?

pokemon151:
I’m not sure where you are in the UK and I used Smart Recruitment. Saw them Thursday and was working Friday.
Another is Drive Hire or Jobcentreplus website gov.uk to name a few.

Good luck

think the op said

I’m in the Stockport side of Manchester.

HTH