driving agencies

hiya all new member passed cat c yesterday at 1st attempt :grimacing: been reading posts on ere last few months nearly went wi pathway hgv till i found this site and found out the truth, cheers ,you saved me about 400quid n a load off hassle.i know that gettin a job at the moment driving, is a long shot but does anyone know any agencies in the wigan/greater manchester area know am joining a very long queue but gotta start sumwer and how do i go about gettin on there books

Go on Google and search for driving agencies in your area. They will hopefully give you an appointment which is to all intents an interview,so bring your licence and c.v. and references including I.D.Brush up on the Highway code and theory questions from your driving test.I wish you luck you will need it Also try the local councilwebsite.

Hi Banerchek. When I first passed my tests (Cat C and then C+E a month later) four years ago, I tried loads of agenicies around Wigan but they pretty much all wanted two years experience.
I tried Driver Hire in Westhoughton near Bolton and they signed me on despite having no commercial driving experience at all and only having passed my test a few weeks previously. They started me off by sending me on two 7.5 tonne jobs on seperate days and then a Class 1 double manned job to gain experience with another driver. I did a few rigid jobs after that then Class 1 on my own. I worked for them for four months until I took a permanent position with the company I’m now with.
They didn’t pay the best rates at the time but they were willing to take a chance with me. They backed me up when I refused to go back to a company where I was treated like dog muck and I’d had a row with the night manager after being stuck in traffic on the M6 for two hours! The key is to be available for any type of work as much as possible. I used to be available from Monday morning at 6am to Saturday night but told them Class 1 was preffered. I got a lot of work by doing this, shifts that seasoned drivers were turning their noses up at. I can’t say what the agency market is like at the moment but I’d reccomend them.
They were very helpful in getting me started and I can’t thank them enough, I’m not being paid to say this by the way!! :wink:
Good luck finding work.
Mike.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome banerchek :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:smiley: :smiley:

If you click the link in my signature or these truck pictures

it will lead you to an index where you can access a lot more info which may be of use to you for C+E ARTIC training.

Click :arrow_right: Recommended LGV training schools

THE DRIVER SHORTAGE IS AN ADVERTISING MYTH - Generally more drivers than jobs in the UK
Newbies - Jobs, Agencies & EXPERIENCE & Is the UK short of drivers ? & Was it really worth it?

FAQ forum for info on Posting Pics, Driver CPC Licence and much more…

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome MikeCunn :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

How many have got the last letter of your username wrong :exclamation: :wink: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

FAQ forum for info on Posting Pics, Driver CPC and much more…