Need my eyes testing i think

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: is the conclusion as was driving down the A1M near peterborough on bank hol mon and on the opposite carriageway out of the corner of my eye at about 4am i noticed a stobart truck hauling a double decker, how long have their drivers been trusted with haulin them? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It caught my eye i think because of the shiny white back ground, there where 3 in very quick succession going towards pboro at 4am and saw 2 today heading past sawtry s/b and the trailers look brand spaking new. are they on the tesco contract :question: as just cant think to when else i have seen on apart from yesterday and today, have seen them haulin the odd tesco bdouble but not their own liveried trailersā€¦which youā€™ll tell me they have had for the last 100 years :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

cheers

CC

I used to take a double decker out to Belgium quite often, and that was about 5 years ago,for the N.A.A.F.I. contract.

Think theres loads coming out of the new Tesco place at Teesport now?

See them round this way quite often with Tesco double deckers

Stobart chilled depot at Newark got them

I didnā€™t realise that pulling a double deck trailer was technically difficult :open_mouth: So excuse me for my confusion as to why a class one driver shouldnā€™t pull one, whether or not he/she drives for Stobarts :question: Did the drivers have ā€œLā€ plates on, or did they look particularly green behind the ears :question: :open_mouth: :confused: :laughing:

Scotchbaz:
I didnā€™t realise that pulling a double deck trailer was technically difficult :open_mouth: So excuse me for my confusion as to why a class one driver shouldnā€™t pull one, whether or not he/she drives for Stobarts :question: Did the drivers have ā€œLā€ plates on, or did they look particularly green behind the ears :question: :open_mouth: :confused: :laughing:

Its technically not any different pulling a double decker, but you do need to take a bit more care in the wind when youā€™re pulling a lightly loaded one or going round the bends, and dare I say it, approaching bridges :wink:
Back to the OP, Ive seen quite a few of the Stobart ones with the normal sized trailer wheels but last night I saw one with the miniature wheelsā€¦ :wink:

DAF95XF:
Its technically not any different pulling a double decker, but you do need to take a bit more care in the wind when youā€™re pulling a lightly loaded one or going round the bends

Silly me, I didnā€™t realise :open_mouth: Maybe there should be a different test for every type of trailer :bulb: , especially for road barrels, hanging meat and low loadersā€¦(Yet another ridiculous thread)

And another thing, am I reading this right :question:

Cruise Control:
ā€¦have seen them haulin the odd tesco bdoubleā€¦

I knew ā– ā– ā– ā–  Denby was chancing his arm but didnā€™t know that Stobarts actually got away with running B-doubles :open_mouth:

seen a few stobart in Northern Ireland lately have they contacts here as well ā€¦ :open_mouth:

Scotchbaz:

DAF95XF:
Its technically not any different pulling a double decker, but you do need to take a bit more care in the wind when youā€™re pulling a lightly loaded one or going round the bends

Silly me, I didnā€™t realise :open_mouth: Maybe there should be a different test for every type of trailer :bulb: , especially for road barrels, hanging meat and low loadersā€¦(Yet another ridiculous thread)

Where did I say you need a different test for every type of trailer :unamused:
I just said you need to take a bit more care when pulling a double deck trailer :unamused:

Cruise Control:
:shock: :open_mouth: is the conclusion as was driving down the A1M near peterborough on bank hol mon and on the opposite carriageway out of the corner of my eye at about 4am i noticed a stobart truck hauling a double decker, how long have their drivers been trusted with haulin them? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It caught my eye i think because of the shiny white back ground, there where 3 in very quick succession going towards pboro at 4am and saw 2 today heading past sawtry s/b and the trailers look brand spaking new. are they on the tesco contract :question: as just cant think to when else i have seen on apart from yesterday and today, have seen them haulin the odd tesco bdouble but not their own liveried trailersā€¦which youā€™ll tell me they have had for the last 100 years :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

cheers

CC

Not quite a 100 years but yes trunking for Tesco for years with Double Deckers and their a piece of ā– ā– ā– ā–  to pull aswell just got to check the weight of em especially the ones out of Lichfield.And the ā€œminitureā€ wheels are called van wheels and there are 12 van wheels on those deckers

col_lyttle:
seen a few stobart in Northern Ireland lately have they contacts here as well ā€¦ :open_mouth:

Are they not Stobart Ireland then based in Dublin?

Had em for a while now. Yes you do need your eyes testing!! :unamused:

I also pulled a flat bed about a month ago with a sheet on it as well - proudly displaying Stobart along the sidesā€¦cus Iā€™m good at thatā€¦sheeting and all :sunglasses:

nickyboy:

they didnt have big wheel but realy really small ones but yes same sort of thing i guess :smiley: :smiley: i must get out more :blush: :blush: . i prob just dont pay much attention to stobarts on the road and was only the shiny white refelecting that caught my attention.

cheers all

CC

Rick B:
Had em for a while now. Yes you do need your eyes testing!! :unamused:

I also pulled a flat bed about a month ago with a sheet on it as well - proudly displaying Stobart along the sidesā€¦cus Iā€™m good at thatā€¦sheeting and all :sunglasses:

What? But you work for Stobartsā€¦ Arenā€™t you supposed to be thick as two short planks :wink: