Need a decent pair of gloves

So my company provide gloves for the drivers but they are utter ■■■ and would barely fit a child. So my question is what gloves do people use. I’ve got pretty big hands but every site I look at will not give me a size option.

Any links would be much appreciated.

been using these for a few months , seem to be wearing well and comfortable

diy.com/departments/showa-hi … 734_BQ.prd

Matt.B:
So my company provide gloves for the drivers but they are utter ■■■ and would barely fit a child. So my question is what gloves do people use. I’ve got pretty big hands but every site I look at will not give me a size option.

Have you not tried telling them that what they supply aint fit for purpose, and that you NEED gloves…ppe/h&s and all that.
You really shouldn’t have to supply your own gloves mate. :bulb:
It’s like our hi viz rain jackets…cheap and nasty,.and with me being a big lad the arms were always too short. I just told them the jacket was no good, so they told me to get a one from Arco that fits, and they would pay…Needless to say I got a good one.
The gloves we get are also cheap crap, but I just get a new pair every other week, which is false economy on their part I would reckon.

IMG_2208.JPGPortwest Antarctica and they come in different sizes and are thermal.

I have big hands… B&Q sell a leather glove for just over £6. Fits my wide hands. Good strong glove and lasts well. Kind of orange / yellow colour.

Leather ‘superior’ riggers or sort of insulated rubber ones for if it’s wet. I get both at screwfix, 2.80 for the riggers and about a fiver for the thick ones.

A.

arco.co.uk/products/1255611? … dfggdfno.0

These are really good.

robroy:

Matt.B:

Have you not tried telling them that what they supply aint fit for purpose, and that you NEED gloves…ppe/h&s and all that.
You really shouldn’t have to supply your own gloves mate. :bulb:
It’s like our hi viz rain jackets…cheap and nasty,.and with me being a big lad the arms were always too short. I just told them the jacket was no good, so they told me to get a one from Arco that fits, and they would pay…Needless to say I got a good one.
The gloves we get are also cheap crap, but I just get a new pair every other week, which is false economy on their part I would reckon.

I would normally ask for ones that fit but when ordering uniform from them it can take like 4months to come in. I don’t mind paying a small price for some I’m happy with.

I buy all my own PPE kit even though the company supply.

I shop at Arco not the cheapest but their local and I use the trade card getting 10% off.
Also if you wait for a sale on you can get some good deals 2 pair of boots for the price of one .

nick2008:

I shop at Arco not the cheapest but their local and I use the trade card getting 10% off.
Also if you wait for a sale on you can get some good deals 2 pair of boots for the price of one .

Try taking your receipt in to your bosses, they should refund some, if not all, of what you paid.

Hope this helps you !

Captain Caveman 76:

nick2008:

Try taking your receipt in to your bosses, they should refund some, if not all, of what you paid.

They don’t have to as I said they supply all uniform and required PPE
I just prefer certain stuff being more comfortable

nick2008:

and thats why companies issue ■■■■ gloves

nick2008:

Captain Caveman 76:

nick2008:

I used to buy all my own stuff and take my receipt in. When they asked me why they should reimburse me, I told them the PPE they supplied “wasn’t fit for the job at hand”. After a while, they started buying the stuff I got for all drivers, no doubt because they can get a discount.

bald bloke:
0Portwest Antarctica and they come in different sizes and are thermal.

They look a bit pricey…! And they are!!! :open_mouth: :smiley:

hall-fast.com/safety-at-work … Z8EPbLytD8

Captain Caveman 76:

nick2008:

Captain Caveman 76:

nick2008:

I used to buy all my own stuff and take my receipt in. When they asked me why they should reimburse me, I told them the PPE they supplied “wasn’t fit for the job at hand”. After a while, they started buying the stuff I got for all drivers, no doubt because they can get a discount.

There’s no way I would pay for my own stuff outright, neither should they let you, it’s the thin end of the wedge I reckon, especially if you work for a tight arsed firm.

As for buying better and more comfortable stuff, what I do with for instance boots, …again my lot supply crap, they are like 1930s miner’s style pit boots that are grossly uncomfortable, and make ■■■■■■■ noises when you walk :laughing: They cost 20 quid (which says it all) so I buy a decent pair of De Walts, put the receipt in and they allow me the 20 quid off them.
Better than paying full price.

I have done the same as Robroy, but no longer need to with boots, for two reasons

1. The company have a much better range to choose from, and the boots are seriously good.
  2. Dewalt Challenger 3 are bloody crap compared to Challenger 2 :unamused: , never had a single leak or split with Chall 2’s over at least half a dozen pairs, 1st pair of Chall 3 only half worn soles the bloody upper split away from the sole, and they weren’t a patch on the 2’s for comfort either :imp:

As for the glove situation, the company have a duty to provide proper equipment of adequate quality that actually fits, it’s no good complaining verbally that’s deniable and will be ignored possibly ridiculed.
Start the ball rolling by making sure the issue of poor equipment is raised officially, does the company have any forms able to be submitted for safety or other problems at your own or customer premises, such as a near miss report form? if so fill one in, if no forms then make sure you raise the issue in writing or email so a recorded trail is established, betcha you get gloves that fit in double quick time.

E BAY,nuff said

truckman020:
E BAY,nuff said

Ironicaly where i got mine !

Captain Caveman 76:
http://www.arco.co.uk/products/1255611?BV_SessionID=@@@@1792409071.1503576589@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccceadhdgeiegemcflgcefkdfggdfno.0

These are really good.

They are very good, but don’t get them wet or you have a day long Orange hands .