Best Gloves for HGV Drivers

I’m looking for recommendations for the best kind of multiuse gloves. I have to buy my own going forward and am looking at hundreds of kinds on amazon and confusing myself!

One of my favourite Anorak subjects.

Stihl leather gloves, £10 off Amazon, I won’t wear anything else, seriously.

ebay.co.uk/itm/360255411829? … EBIDX%3AIT

Great quality, i bought a pack of 10 in sept 2012 and im on my last pair now
going to order another 10 pack when i post this

Scruffs are pretty good, as long as the seller is supplying genuine items…
amazon.co.uk/Scruffs-Perform … ffs+gloves

Arco have got the light brown leather rigger gloves for half price at the minute,a tenner and they are bang on, :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Another vote for arco, very good quality gloves.

Check out the Special Buys aisles I’m Aldi. They usually have some rubber bottomed builders/gripper gloves in there that are top notch and last ages, sometimes repackaged as gardening gloves. 3 quid for a pack of 2 and great quality. I stocked up last time, got four spare packs in the cupboard and that’s only for when I inevitably lose them rather than them wearing out.

I used arco bufallo lined driver gloves, they only last me 6months tops before the fingers start to go & they’re no good with water, needless I say I’m looking for alternatives.

Why do you have to buy your own? Surely it is a legal requirement of the company you work for to supply the correct PPE?

I have stupidly large hands and everywhere I have ever worked have specially ordered xl large gloves to fit me.

daleyboy:
Why do you have to buy your own? Surely it is a legal requirement of the company you work for to supply the correct PPE?

I have stupidly large hands and everywhere I have ever worked have specially ordered xl large gloves to fit me.

because the ppe provided is usualy the cheapest nastiest piece of crap going that fall apart and offer little protection prefer to get the anti cut gloves from arco very good protection from splinters etc and not too tight that i cant wear a pair of rubber gloves under them when handling chemicals

Latique:

daleyboy:

because the ppe provided is usualy the cheapest nastiest piece of crap going that fall apart and offer little protection prefer to get the anti cut gloves from arco very good protection from splinters etc and not too tight that i cant wear a pair of rubber gloves under them when handling chemicals

^This. There are always gloves available at our place if you want them, also safety boots, jackets etc. All workwear is provided but it’s all ■■■■■ quality clobber. Rather fork out a few bob myself and have something decent, i only wear the company polo shirt & high vis everything else is my own. Good kit make all the difference.

I’ve used B & Q Premium Rigger Gloves for a few years now.

They may not be the best but they’re comfortable and reasonably hard wearing, I’ve always paid around £6 but they’re advertised at £2.50 at the moment.

daleyboy:

You’d be amazed at how many companies don’t, or will only issue one pair of gloves a year (if you’re lucky).

When I buy a pair of turtles,
I always think about how Im
going to feel when Ive left them
on the tank.

I prefer not to wear gloves when im driving !! :stuck_out_tongue:

205:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360255411829?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Great quality, i bought a pack of 10 in sept 2012 and im on my last pair now
going to order another 10 pack when i post this

Those are alright in the dry and last for ages, but once you get them wet and dry them on the air vents they crack and fall apart in no time. Mind you at £1.50 per pair you can’t grumble really can you!

Currently using Arco`s “Predator” gloves

the thinnest i can find. I can’t stand big chunky gloves

Tooz:
I prefer not to wear gloves when im driving !! :stuck_out_tongue:

Can you still get the “Paddy Hopkirk” ones,nice checkered pattern on the knuckle area :sunglasses:

daleyboy:

Trouble is, the company I work for is … Me.

Whom do I ask to supply these free gloves in my case? :question: