name plates

do you think that drivers that have name plates in their cabs ar sad individuals or not?

I need an answer to this before I put mine back in !! :open_mouth: :laughing:

browncow2:
do you think that drivers that have name plates in their cabs ar sad individuals or not?

Why do you need to know this■■?.. :wink: :confused: :slight_smile:

altitude:

browncow2:

i asked the question, ar you a politician or what :smiley:

I found it useful in a fleet of matching motors with CB’s to shout each other!

Why SAD?

i bet you’ve got one and can’t decide whether to fit it or not :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It’s not a big deal,it’s up to the individual.All quite harmless,as long as it’s not obscuring your vision.

browncow2:

altitude:

browncow2:

i asked the question, ar you a politician or what :smiley:

No I’m not a politician, or a shrink just wondered why you have a problem with this :laughing: :laughing: see it every day lots of guys have a plate up and no problem you may need to get out more and stop worrying. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I used to have my name in the screen on one of those tiny little Italian number plates, so I don’t have a problem with it obviously, but I don’t do it anymore, don’t care much if anyone else does it either, as long as it’s not OTT, although I did have a problem with one of my drivers having an Arsenal plate in the window, told him I’d have the Tottenham cockerel painted on the side of the cab if he didn’t take it down sharpish :laughing:

dunno, think I’ll get one when I get a full time job if it’s sad, sorry but people need to know who to avoid :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Well I’ve got a name plate in my cab I don’t think it’s sad !!

shuttlespanker:
i bet you’ve got one and can’t decide whether to fit it or not :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That is exactly what i was thinking :laughing:

newmercman:
I used to have my name in the screen on one of those tiny little Italian number plates, so I don’t have a problem with it obviously, but I don’t do it anymore, don’t care much if anyone else does it either, as long as it’s not OTT, although I did have a problem with one of my drivers having an Arsenal plate in the window, told him I’d have the Tottenham cockerel painted on the side of the cab if he didn’t take it down sharpish :laughing:

A truck with a spurs badge painted on it. I think id rather drive a bus :smiley:

I think people who start countless threads on whither nameplates/spotlights/polishing tanks/whatever is sad… are sad :laughing:

I don’t need a name plate in a window to remind me of my name.

It’s something I’ve managed to remember for the last 46 years without problems.

Bill…er…Fred…er… :confused:

if all this guy has to worry about is names in truck windscreens he leads a charmed life each to there own a

I think if you are on for a company that have lots of identical motors then its a simple way to be recognised.

My nameplate says “Mick”.

I don’t always use it 'cos on some jobs I do there are very real reasons why I don’t want people to know anything at all about me.

But on those occasions I wish to be known as me, & not just “driver” or (shudders) Oi ! Then it comes in handy.

For the past 2wks I’ve been on the Hiab at builders merchants & I’ve used it & I’m averageing more cups of tea & more £tips than the regular drivers do. Before that I was lifting untaxed vehicles & not really wanting to enter into any form of conversation with the ‘customer’.

My nameplate works for me, it does exactly what I want it too.

there sad name in the window then there curtains halfway across there windows so you cant see them knobs :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

i had one made and when it came i had been finished up so i havent used it yet, but ive just landed job with stobbie and i no they dont like them but its going up all the same even though ill be on nights :neutral_face: