name plates

what are they all about most people that have them display there nanes then hide behind tassled curtains WHY :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

why not, everyone to there own

put your name in then hide behind curtains they nust owe money or something
or they have bad acne :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i have a name plate but do not/will not ever own a set of frilly curtains. not everyone has them or even wants them, normal curtains do the job for me so no need for the tacky curtains in my opinion.

name plate is so i know which wagon is mine, there are far too many plain white wagons on the road nowadays! :laughing: :laughing:

fair comment i thought some might have bad memorys and forget there own
names :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

dreva:
fair comment i thought some might have bad memorys and forget there own
names :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i do fall into that bracket but dont tell anyone :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

who are you? :laughing: :laughing: what am i doing here? :laughing: :laughing:

The curtains across the side windows is the PIT PONY syndrome :laughing: :laughing:

Saw a tipper the other day in cornwall,
It had, name plate, tons of spotlights, all the bling in the cab and to top it off,
Frilly curtains!

Trouble was, it was a day cab.!!! :laughing:

I know quite a few drivers but if every truck looks the same on a fleet you can kind of tell them apart with the name plates in the window as to whether you know them or not when passing by. Why have your name stitched onto your work uniform? Same thing I suppose.

euroscot:
I know quite a few drivers but if every truck looks the same on a fleet you can kind of tell them apart with the name plates in the window as to whether you know them or not when passing by. Why have your name stitched onto your work uniform? Same thing I suppose.

ermmmmmmmmmmmm i thought the number plate made each truck original and they are the same size and they are in the same place every time:? :wink:

gezt:
ermmmmmmmmmmmm i thought the number plate made each truck original and they are the same size and they are in the same place every time:? :wink:

Itā€™s a fair point. iā€™m known affectionally as S410 at work.

Mr B:

gezt:

Itā€™s a fair point. iā€™m known affectionally as S410 at work.

Here we go then, ime WU O4 :laughing:

Iā€™m Mr Fleet 38

im the blue one unless its hired then its the white one trouble is all our motors are blue :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

where can you get these nameplates?

can you get them in halfords?

yeh halfords do them but you need to sign a declaration that its not going to be used for anything officialā€¦

i got mine on the net so if you google it be on there somewhere

Adam

No way would i have a name plate.

Traffic wardenā€¦ā€œYour smoking in a work vehicleā€
Limeyphilā€¦ā€œGo [zb] yourselfā€
Traffic wardenā€¦" whatā€™s your name?"
Limeyphilā€¦ā€œI like bumbing traffic wardens, come hearā€
Traffic wardenā€¦ā€œIt says limeyphil on you NAMEPLATE, Heres you ticket. Now get your ā– ā– ā– ā–  out of my arseā€.
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Just like dads Army.
Germanā€¦ā€œVot is your nameā€
Captain Mainwaringā€¦ā€œDonā€™t tell him Pikeā€
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I got mine from Halfords too. Itā€™s been with me in Europe, the US and Canada. I like it.

therreā€™s a place at lymm truckstop thatā€™ll make any show plate you want

dreva:
what are they all about most people that have them display there nanes then hide behind tassled curtains WHY

1. Maybe the plates are glued to handbags ā€¦to also identify lippy, etc?
  2. Maybe they like to introduce debris in front of them ā€¦perhaps itā€™s safety shrapnel?
  3. End of a 03.00 hrs shift and too much time on your hands? After fuelling, washing, tacho, declaration that youā€™ve not trashed the wagon or created WW3, etc and as well as re-packing flask, butty-box, gloves (with string for the sleeves?), etc ā€¦simply leave the unit clean & tidy for the next matey instead of admiring/removing your nameplate.
  4. Have you found a nameplate in your unit? Why not simply dedicate your fave trap in the lavā€™s to ā€˜b1g kno33erā€™