Now tell me this.......Names

…On a numberplate displayed in the windscreen of your truck…Why do you do it■■?

I have seen this and work with three guys who do it, why, what is the purpose :question:

so people can spot you out on the road■■? :unamused: :confused: :confused:

do people actually take any notice of their own names ? once knew a driver that swapped his mates plate & replaced it with one with KNOB on it , took nearly 3 months before he noticed ?

MolePower:
once knew a driver that swapped his mates plate & replaced it with one with KNOB on it , took nearly 3 months before he noticed ?

PMSL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The problem I find is when for whatever reason you jump into someone elses motor that has their nameplate cabletied to the grill and you go somewhere to be greeted with “hello Twinkle” or whatever inane handle their using. I’m also cringing when I’ve got something like “lovemachine” displayed and I just know everyone is looking at me and thinking “berk”. :smiling_imp:

It helps if you are using CB radio. It’s always easier to call you “Johny” than “Hey, you, in this White Arctos pulling blue courtainsider who are just passed by the red corsa with pinky fur on the steering wheel” :slight_smile:

orys:
It helps if you are using CB radio. It’s always easier to call you “Johny” than “Hey, you, in this White Arctos pulling blue courtainsider who are just passed by the red corsa with pinky fur on the steering wheel” :slight_smile:

But the problem comes when someone decides to use Rubber Johny for a handle instead of Rubber Duck :laughing: :laughing: .

have to say they’re a pet hate for me really, for what it cost’s to have vinyl letters cut i’d have the vinyl i have the same relief driver for 1 - 2 days a week , so we’re thinking of either having both names on the door like the pickfords drivers used to do or maybe a magnetic strip so they can be swapped to who’s on it ,

sometimes it’s best some customers don’t know yer name :confused:

orys:

ah this is where i sort of got my CB handle , as when the unit was new i had 440 Mole Power cut in vinyl & put on the sides of the cab tops,& it’s sort of stuck ( the cb handle not the stickers) (although they’ve stuck quite well really considering the steam cleaner/washer seems to want to take off the custom wrap that was applied ) :open_mouth:

when i was fitting in the workshop 1 of r drivers had champ on a number plate i wrapped a piece of plain white paper over the ‘A’ an made it into an ‘I’ so it said chimp, he didnt notice for a while until his wife seen it and said they have spelt ya name wrong !!hahah

MolePower:
have to say they’re a pet hate for me really, for what it cost’s to have vinyl letters cut i’d have the vinyl i have the same relief driver for 1 - 2 days a week , so we’re thinking of either having both names on the door like the pickfords drivers used to do

Thats what I’ve done, it actually cheaper to go and get nice tidy looking vinyl lettering done. Have rally driver style Union flag and LUKE on drivers door and my twitter address on the dash table. All in all about £10

Would it not be simpler to change your name by Deed Poll?

Dennis is a nice name :stuck_out_tongue:

or for a company name in initials, ■■■■ Abraham, Fleetwood (DAF)

Wheel Nut:
Would it not be simpler to change your name by Deed Poll?

Dennis is a nice name :stuck_out_tongue:

or for a company name in initials, ■■■■ Abraham, Fleetwood (DAF)

yep i’m going to chage my name to KX57OGF, there you go pivate plates

att:
…On a numberplate displayed in the windscreen of your truck…Why do you do it■■?

I have seen this and work with three guys who do it, why, what is the purpose :question:

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Why do you think people do it??

I was going to get one with DRIVE on it but I won’t bother as everyone seems to know me anyway, whether I’ve been there before or not.

I don’t really understand why anyone would need their names in the window, as no one takes any notice.

I used to turn up at a gatehouse with one of these, ours even had the company name on the front panel.

Name?

Company?

Registration?

:stuck_out_tongue:

Clarky:

att:
‘…On a numberplate displayed in the windscreen of your truck…Why do you do it? … I have seen this … why, what is the purpose?..’

‘…Why do you think people do it?..’

They were either:

Unwanted & borne of delinquents.

Dropped during infancy.

Otherwise abused as children.

The only thing I have to say is…So what■■? Who is being harmed■■?

yeh i agree why does it bother you so much?i used to have hyper on the grill cause thats wat they used to call me in office because i used to bounce of the walls wi some of the runs they used to gi me :exclamation:

I see no harm in it. Car style plates are a pet hate of mine, but each to their own. It’s the only way i spot Clarky for sure. Of course i do go with the vinyl letters, mine is on the front of the truck, 10 inches high, 5 feet across!!! :wink: :wink:

MR VAIN:
Of course i do go with the vinyl letters, mine is on the front of the truck, 10 inches high, 5 feet across!!! :wink: :wink:

show off :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: