Nameplates

do you have you user name for this website on a number plate in your cab so people can identify you on the road?

the reason i ask is that since i have joined here i keep an eye for plates in windows but dont seem to see anyone off here!

There is no answer for me. I don’t have plate, but I don’t think that it’s childish. It’s very handy for CB radio users. If I’ll buy one, I will run to the pakistani shop arround the corner for my plate instantly :wink:

Is you user name on a “number” plate in the cab window
yes it is
no, a have another name on the plate
i dont have a plate in the window its stupid and childish

Sorry but I don’t rate the options, I don’t have a nameplate, but it’s not because I think it’s childish or stupid, I just choose not to bother, so can’t vote

I have a nameplate,but it is not my username on here.
I do have a ‘Bikemonkey’ nameplate,but at the moment dont use it for obvious reasons. :wink:

i always think people have a name plate for 2 reasons,
1… they know which is their truck when walking back to it
2…it helps them remember who they are
seriously name plates ,“indian thingy” flags badges lights christmas trees , curtains and tassles and other stuff all helps to give you less vision in doing so makes it harder to do your job. nothing beat a clean and clear windscreen.

waiting for the flack to come my way lol :exclamation: :exclamation: :wink:

gezt:
seriously name plates ,“indian thingy” flags badges lights christmas trees , curtains and tassles and other stuff all helps to give you less vision in doing so makes it harder to do your job. nothing beat a clean and clear windscreen.

You can put plate that it will not disturbing you, and it’s always easier on CB to call “hey, john” then “hey, you in green scania pulling yellow trailer with giant snail picture”!

And that’s only reason to have that if you ask me. But I no bother if others like to look like christmas tree :wink:

tachograph:

yes it is

Sorry but I don’t rate the options, I don’t have a nameplate, but it’s not because I think it’s childish or stupid, I just choose not to bother, so can’t vote

Same here, can’t vote.

i voted childish and silly, because i think it is. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: i just dont see the point of them they dont even look good they are just plain plates with names on.

you can get those american style plates with sunsets on and other features with your name scribed into it which i think are ok if you want that sort of thing but a bloody number plate with your name on. :exclamation:

Coffeeholic:

tachograph:

yes it is

Same here, can’t vote.

sorry fella’s,

i noticed this as soon as i had posted it but orys had replied before i could change it so then i couldnt.

:blush: sorry :blush:

Giblsa:

Coffeeholic:

tachograph:

yes it is

Same here, can’t vote.

sorry fella’s,

i noticed this as soon as i had posted it but orys had replied before i could change it so then i couldnt.

:blush: sorry :blush:

I’ve added another option - hope that’s ok

let me know if you want it changing

thank you dennis

Only bloke I ever saw was that Jim (kitkat) normally asleep in a layby who had his name in the window

little chris a driver with ND newport had a name plate made and is still IMHO one of the best i’ve seen was “Monsuior Taffy” i thought it very apt as we were working for the kermits out of wales. when i those days well all had red magnums you needed a name plate to spot your truck when they were all lined up outside the sony factory either in slovakia or barca after a good night out on the beer

ill try to tell a quick little story about a time when i too was sad and had my name plate in window
we also had a couple of ladiy drivers and when i was off Karen had my truck for the week and was parked up on an ind.est somewhere around manchester,blinds down and in her PJ’s reading her book, there was a knock at the door and a ■■■■ voice calling Malcolm,Malcolm, so Karen put the blind up and window down to see this “lady of the night” who quickly said sorry to bother you but do you have a spare ciggy and then went, i only found oout about this story when on returning to work my nameplate was on the top bunk
and Karen told me why :exclamation: :exclamation:

I passed a tipper today near Stoke-on-Trent and he had a plate reading “BOLLOCKCHOPS” in his window. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Harry Monk:
I passed a tipper today near Stoke-on-Trent and he had a plate reading “BOLLOCKCHOPS” in his window. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i’ve got a plate that says Ireland on it in my window, looks like an EU plate, but considering im in Australia I think thats perfectly acceptable.

So far it’s only led to ONE other irish driver coming up to me at a truckstop and saying hello., maybe theres only one other irish driver in the country!

I don’t need to tell everyone my name is XXXX I am sure they really could’nt care less… :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

I quite like the idea in France where they have their name and the department but feel it doesnt quite work here with our postcodes.

I also do not have a white Yorkshire rose on my truck because I know I am true Yorkshire through and through :smiley:

Same reason why I dont need a National Front flag :wink: to tell me I am English

Every time I see a front window full of crap I don’t need to see a name because I already know it…Richard Cranium … :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I can’t do the “Is that John’s motor ?” based on vehicle marque/reg no/blue lights/gypsy tassles/etcetc because I have a Swish cheese memory (well - brain, in general) so if I pull into a Truckstop or similar and they have a nameplate, it’s far easier to avoid the arses or call for a coffee with the none arses.

My own nameplate was a gift. It’s the username I use on a different website, and can help get me laid.

I sometimes also put one on the rear bumper bar of the trailer - along with a sign that says …

"If you can’t see my mirrors

I can’t see your ■■■■■■■"