Nameplates

my user name plate is on the grill of the truck, “CLARKY”. :sunglasses:

only 1 thing in screen which may in some peoples opinion obscure view, the sat-nav. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

It’s the username I use on a different website, and can help get me laid.

But Bonkey Dollocks is already taken :stuck_out_tongue:

yep have me username on the back of my crash helmet

it do “TRAZMAN”

As I get older I may consider having a nameplate so I can remember who I am :stuck_out_tongue:

can just see it now all the ex truckers in nursing homes with name plates on there zimmer frames with the sat nav fixed on top time to destination at your current speed 4 days using the nearside wheel as a toilet
recalling all there time doing euro work when all they did was nettos ponty

sorry off on a tangent there i dont have my name on show if i use tiny the women wonder why
maybe its because im 5 foot 14 built like a brick out house

Giblsa:
i noticed this as soon as i had posted it but orys had replied before i could change it so then i couldnt.

:blush: sorry :blush:

Sorry for being too fast :wink:

But now it’s fixed and I voted :wink:

orys:

gezt:
seriously name plates ,“indian thingy” flags badges lights christmas trees , curtains and tassles and other stuff all helps to give you less vision in doing so makes it harder to do your job. nothing beat a clean and clear windscreen.

You can put plate that it will not disturbing you, and it’s always easier on CB to call “hey, john” then “hey, you in green scania pulling yellow trailer with giant snail picture”!

And that’s only reason to have that if you ask me. But I no bother if others like to look like christmas tree :wink:

Come on own up,who is pulling a green scania with a yellow trailor with the giant snail. lol :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

i have a plate with celtic on it but the way they are playing right now i think i will relegate it to under the bunk :unamused: :unamused:

gezt:
Come on own up,who is pulling a green scania with a yellow trailor with the giant snail. lol :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

That was only an example, but OK, i made you one:

:grimacing:

Do i really don’t have nothing better to do at the moment? :slight_smile:

I think it’s pathetic.

Those that already know you know who you are and what you drive and those that don’t know you don’t need to know who you are and don’t care either. :unamused:

I wonder how many of those with name plates in their truck windows also have them in their car windscreens and house windows at home too? :unamused:

It’s just another “please notice me” thing from the quid-a-mile/hour glory boys. :unamused:

You still missing this (only for me) reason: CB radio.

That’s maybe becouse is not so popular here as among polish drivers, but it’s really helps. Let’s get that there is 5 Norbert lorries going opposite you and you want to let know one of them that he have burned bulb - it’s easier to call “John” then “Red Norbert lorry, third in the row”…

orys:

gezt:

thanks orys that was very nice of you :smiley:

Rob K:
I think it’s pathetic.

Those that already know you know who you are and what you drive and those that don’t know you don’t need to know who you are and don’t care either. :unamused:

I wonder how many of those with name plates in their truck windows also have them in their car windscreens and house windows at home too? :unamused:

It’s just another “please notice me” thing from the quid-a-mile/hour glory boys. :unamused:

Not bitter are you?

orys:

gezt:

are you sure you’re not Rolf Harris■■?

Who’s that? Wikipedia don’t know nothing… Hm… Urban Dictionary…

Ah. I see :slight_smile: :grimacing: :slight_smile: NO :wink:

B1 GGK:

Rob K:
I think it’s pathetic.

Not bitter are you?

I refer the Honourable gentleman to the answer I gave a short time ago

dambuster:
I can’t do the “Is that John’s motor ?” based on vehicle marque/reg no/blue lights/gypsy tassles/etcetc because I have a Swish cheese memory (well - brain, in general) so if I pull into a Truckstop or similar and they have a nameplate, it’s far easier to avoid the arses or call for a coffee with the none arses.

orys:

gezt:

Looks more like a repulsive,disgraceful,horrible Renault Magnum than a Scania. :laughing: :laughing:
But a nice effort though nonetheless. :wink:

Rob K:
I think it’s pathetic.

I have my home address printed in my workwear in case I forget where I live or get lost :wink: :laughing: :laughing: