Name Plates

Why do drivers feel / see the need for Name plates stuck in front window? I appreciate certain names for CB use maybe ie: Yorkie etc, but what about Steve, Malcolm, Marky etc to mention but a few. Not a criticism just an ask.

I have “Stardust Mick” on mine as that was my CB handle.

its so people know there name

I thought that went out about the same time as the scanny 111…“dicks rig”

Mark500:
Why do drivers feel / see the need for Name plates stuck in front window? I appreciate certain names for CB use maybe ie: Yorkie etc, but what about Steve, Malcolm, Marky etc to mention but a few. Not a criticism just an ask.

Cuz they’re sociable souls who like to have the crack with people, I can’t get away with “■■■■ off” as my name plate although I have toyed with the idea of twit with an a for the laugh but the best drivers sign I ever saw, nearly ■■■■■■ myself was the flat bed driver of a certain large northern competition haulier who has:

“Danger, Erection in progress”

in his cab window by the bunk.

Total quality :slight_smile:

Silver_Surfer:
the best drivers sign I ever saw, nearly ■■■■■■ myself was the flat bed driver of a certain large northern competition haulier who has:

P of P by any chance? i,ve seen that sign on a drivers truck that i know but cant remember who,s it was

I always fancied having a name plate saying “■■■■■■” don’t know if the shops would be happy to make that one up for me though.

I’m not sure if it would be appropriate
having “Peirre O’Bollox” hanging in the window

theringmonster:
I always fancied having a name plate saying “■■■■■■” don’t know if the shops would be happy to make that one up for me though.

Try Ray-■■■■■■■

peirre:
I’m not sure if it would be appropriate
having “Peirre O’Bollox” hanging in the window

Now that’s an interesting position to drive from…

chaversdad:

Silver_Surfer:
the best drivers sign I ever saw, nearly ■■■■■■ myself was the flat bed driver of a certain large northern competition haulier who has:

P of P by any chance? i,ve seen that sign on a drivers truck that i know but cant remember who,s it was

The very same, they keep telling him to take it out, he’s been there since the start though I think so… I just burst out laughing when I saw it & one of his mates who was next I me did tell me his name but as per usual I have forgotten.

This was mine in the 80’s, nailed to front bumper of a Fiat 170 NT Lambson tanker, it was photographed at Okehampton by a young man who took pictures of trucks every day can anyone remember him not alltogether there but a nice young man, I did see the picture then but never got a copy, if any of the photo collecters have a copy i would buy one. Cheers Mel CCK

Made from pressed steel made by order from Steel City Truckers Sheffield

so the driver knows how to address you
as oppossed to shouting oi driver

I also have a CB fitted…

Makes it easier than someone shouting " OI WHITE MERC "…

hitch:
so the driver knows how to address you
as oppossed to shouting oi driver

Agreed.
When I was doing m/e many of us had our name on the front of the motor, as many people would call you by your name if they saw it, even abroad rather than “Drive”.
Behind the drivers door I also had one which read, “NO DOGS ALLOWED”, of course all the English guys knew what it meant, but try explaining that in Europe, or Turkey!