My restoration project

well ive finnally got one of my own i got given this at the weekend it runs it just wants a major tidy up its a 12ton daf 1700 and was an ex breadvan and as you can tell its second life was as a racecar transporter terrys had it for 10 years.he saw me messing with dan 142 and asked if id like my own when i said yes he said i could have this old girl

the living accomodation

i had one of them !!!i had many happy memories in the 90s with it.they were quite rare at the time, only walkers and us (united biscuits)seemed to have them,and we only had 4 of them.great to drive but only good for about 57mph,the cargos we had at the time were alot faster. :smiley:

Looks in tidy condition Carl… :sunglasses:

What have you got in mind for the old girl

What have you got in mind for the old girl

im gonna leave her a racecar carrier mate the paints not bad just needs t-cutting and polishing.the cab needs some new interior panels and theres a bit of rot around the cab.i,ll get the living accomodation stripped back and recover the walls and seal the roof its got a shower full kitchen and oven that all need a good clean.id like to get the body off eventually and get the chassis sand blasted and resprayed the same blue as on my unit.

Don’t look like she wants a lot of work looks very tidy mate, best of luck with it, keep us updated.

Cab looks very good for its age, as does most of the interior, i like the older type DAF’s and its good to see 'em start getting on the preservation seen. Good luck with it mate, look foward to seeing the finished article :smiley: :smiley: :wink:

looks good mate cant wait for the next bit of the progress to be posted

Used to drive the 1900 version,and it went like the proverbial off a shovel.

The only thing I hated was the steering wheel position,as it felt too flat,but other than that,it was the first DAF I ever drove.

Ken.

Quinny:
Used to drive the 1900 version,and it went like the proverbial off a shovel.

The only thing I hated was the steering wheel position,as it felt too flat,but other than that,it was the first DAF I ever drove.

Ken.

i agree with you there quinny,i dont think they were adjustable were they ?

It looks a tidy old Bus Carl.

I can see the bookings taking off next year,

TruckNet UK Classic Motorhome Hire :laughing:

or you could see if you could get a matching racing car to go inside.

it was bought new by walkers crisps in 87 they used it until terry bought it 10 years ago so that makes me the 3rd owner it had an engine rebuild a few years ago and it was used until feb las year

in the back

i wish malc

That’s a well tidy motor for its age, inside & out. Obviously been looked after. Even the side under run bars look straight.

Hope you said a big thank you to “Terry,” he is obviously a decent bloke as he could have scrapped it for good few £££.

Just one tip, whilst you’re just playing around with it, don’t run the engine for short periods. Worst thing you can do.

Thats a good lookin truck,Good luck mate :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: