My new bird

Heading back home through mid Wales yesterday this little fella forgot his green cross code. Perhaps he thought i was doing 40. Ah well, he learned. Makes a change from pigeons. He did well to get there mind. I did think about leaving him there as he’d be the perfect mascot for the company (CJ Bird) but then realised he won’t be there long before bits will start falling off him. How did i get him out? A jet wash has more than one use. His final flight was something to behold. :smiley:

One question though, any idea what make he is?

DaiDap:

Heading back home through mid Wales yesterday this little fella forgot his green cross code. Perhaps he thought i was doing 40. Ah well, he learned. Makes a change from pigeons. He did well to get there mind. I did think about leaving him there as he’d be the perfect mascot for the company (CJ Bird) but then realised he won’t be there long before bits will start falling off him. How did i get him out? A jet wash has more than one use. His final flight was something to behold. :smiley:

One question though, any idea what make he is?

hi dai dap,
i hope that bird didn’t damage your truck,if it did then both chris and jonathon could be prosecuted by the rspb,as they don,t take kindly to damage on the c.j. bird fleet. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
regards andrew

You mean what kind of bird he ‘‘was’’ :laughing:

Next time man up and get your hands in to pull the death out. Jet wash you big girls blouse :wink: j/k :laughing:

Ok i admit i’m a big girl. :laughing: Jet wash is much more fun though. :sunglasses:

Looks like a Chaffinch.

I once had a Magpie fly out of a bush one summers evening as I was heading up the A1; it went straight under the motor. As I looked in my mirrors, all I could see was a cloud of feathers! :blush:

leyland510:
Looks like a Chaffinch.

I once had a Magpie fly out of a bush one summers evening as I was heading up the A1; it went straight under the motor. As I looked in my mirrors, all I could see was a cloud of feathers! :blush:

That would be my “guess” … think it’s a MALE chaffinch. You will have the R.S.P.B / R.S.P.C.A / Tree Huggers after you :smiley:

is your new bird a ■■■ :question:

At least it didn’t do as much damage as the Owl that hit the windscreen of a Stralis being driven by one of my work mates. Being dark, he thought he had a brick thrown at him - the windscreen was badly damaged and it was only when he pulled onto the hard shoulder that he clocked the owl wedged up under the sun visor!

Twitchers anonymous is ~~~~> that way :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:
My car does have a quite large dent in the bonnet due to a Seagull, ater having met a Artic going along the opposite carriage , bouncing off its trailer and with the added impetus it achieved doing a spectacular , almost graceful parabola into my car :frowning:

Once hit an owl in France on the way to Calais, Guy next to me in the queue took it home to stuff it :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: (Im hoping he was a taxidermist !)

Also collegue of mine had a pheasant hit the windscreen, looked like a boulder had hit it! luckily was on the passenger side!

I once hit a sparrow sized bird at warp speed on the motorbike, bird hit my helmet, twas funny getting off the bike seeing the wife covered in gore and feathers, she was not happy…

toowise:
Also collegue of mine had a pheasant hit the windscreen, looked like a boulder had hit it! luckily was on the passenger side!

They are the dumbest creatures on earth, you see them at the side of the road and you just know they’re going to run in front of you.

They are the dumbest creatures on earth, you see them at the side of the road and you just know they’re going to run in front of you.

They wait till the last minute and jump in front. My wife screamed her head off and cried because i hit a pheasant on the A1 at 70mph, knocking his head clean off (i went back and for a look whilst she was in tears LMFAO)

years ago I had a sparrow hit me on the side of the head scared the life out of me, :open_mouth: it stunned it self when it hit me and landed on the passenger side, it then came round and went totaly bonkers in the cab trying to get out :laughing: I had no choice but to stop and let ther little guy out :unamused:

killsville:
At least it didn’t do as much damage as the Owl that hit the windscreen of a Stralis being driven by one of my work mates.

Shame they don’t make truck windscreens as tough as helicopter / plane ones… :wink:

leyland510:

killsville:
At least it didn’t do as much damage as the Owl that hit the windscreen of a Stralis being driven by one of my work mates.

Shame they don’t make truck windscreens as tough as helicopter / plane ones… :wink:

You sure? :smiley:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Ai … light_5390

Well, my simple mind was thinking more along the lines of firing frozen turkeys at the windscreen :laughing:

joedwyer1:
is your new bird a ■■■ :question:

bet he was being a bit of a ■■■■ too