Birds at Oldbury

Anyone on here had any experience with Birds recently?

I hear they pay about £450 take home for 5 nights out just wondering if anyone can confirm this and also what are they like to work for?

Cheers

Chicken feed!

TAXI!

The reason I asked if anyone had any experience of them recently is because what I have heard maybe and is probably total ■■■■■■■■ :unamused:

Be interesting to know as could be a back up if/when things go Pete Tong at out place. When i went in to pick my unit up from West Penine in Telford, they have currently got about 5 of the R420’s in for preperation for birds.

Jacksey gits with the 1400ltr derv tanks, and no adblue :cry:

No One :cry:

No idea mate, ring 'em up and ask. Doubt they’re taking on though.

I imagine the reason there has been no response is that their drivers tend to use Lithuanian and Bulgarian versions of TruckNet and not this one. :wink:

I work for Birds and have done for couple of years. Money is £475 + £50 bonus paid for no damage or complaints & paperwork completed properly. Usual shift is 6 days/5 days, nights out are £20 uk, £25 europe. The units are mainly Scania , the oldest being 06, but are being replaced, A few MANs but theyre being fazed out.
The work is fairly standard, UK,Ireland & Europe, and as with many places at the mo has busy & slack periods. Ive found that if you just get on with the work, they leave you alone, there’s a few slackers but thats the norm. Im fairly happy here, would like more money (Wouldnt we all?), would like a uniform (save ruining your own clothes) but until something spectacular comes my way i’ll stay where i am in the current climate!!

Also, there’s only 20+ taliban working here, and in the main are good lads, there rest are british so no language probs!!

Most of the Birds drivers i`ve spoken to over the years have seemed happy with the job.
Is the £525 nett or gross 105xf?
Do they have many weekends away?
What sort of figure in the bank?
Weekly or monthly pay?
Are you still doing the ford work? Valencia etc?
Cheers for any info. Jon

Stu190:
Be interesting to know as could be a back up if/when things go Pete Tong at out place. When i went in to pick my unit up from West Penine in Telford, they have currently got about 5 of the R420’s in for preperation for birds.

Maybe they were getting the speed limiters prepared to 60 mph. A 60 reg 440 Topliner came past Me the other day like I was stood still. Not at all jealous :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Cheers 105xf that’s the sort of info I was looking for :slight_smile:

I’ve also heard that they are a good company to work for.

Just out of interest do they employ any day drivers or do shifts that only involve 4 nights out i.e 5 days - 4 nights?

They have day drivers, few night drivers, uk trampers but no guarantee of 4 nights out, we do weekends on the euro side but thats if you want it , not compulsory. The majority of euro work is Germany,Belgium,France with the very rare spain, as in once in a blue moon!! as i said, been here coupla years & Im happy enough. £475 + £50 bonus before tax, paid weekly, nights out on top

Cheers again mate its good to get the real info rather than gossip :slight_smile:

i left birds nine years ago the money was £450 plus £25 bonus for not being a ■■■■ at any point during the week and £20 n/out.graham, del levet and andy were pretty good people to work for and you could always talk to them.if you did the job properly you were left alone and trusted to get on with it.i was lucky at the time i was working on proctor and gamble contract doing pomezia (rome) out thru austria and back thru swiss,then turn at calias then tip mataro (barcelona) then about 10/12 tile collections in valencia area…we had top of range trucks well maintained, a choice of 3 fuel cards dkv and once you were known and trusted a company visa card so any problems were coverd.9 years is a long time and things change but they certainly used to be proper

andrewv8:

Stu190:

Maybe they were getting the speed limiters prepared to 60 mph. A 60 reg 440 Topliner came past Me the other day like I was stood still. Not at all jealous :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Tell me about it, My display shows I’m 91kph so very little passes me on a flat. Anyway I joined the m25 at about 1 in the morning last week from the m3, right behind a birds artic, I couldn’t believe I wasn’t catching him up and by the time we got to the M40 he was gone :open_mouth:

We ran alongside them at Transalliance. I have had many a natter with the drivers while loading tyres in France at Michelin, even the foreigners spoke English, and passable French. I never met a bad un :exclamation:

i could do purfleet to castellon in two shifts in my scania,tally ho.we used to get balked a lot on the big climbs,people used to look in the mirror and think here comes those flash gits on birds with in thier 580 v8s then they"d pull out just to slow us down.i pulled in at corley once and three younger drivers got out of bowmuir p380"s they started worshiping at the alter of the mighty v8 scania,i thought any minute i"ll have to get the kitchen roll out.IMHO chassis engine and gear box brilliant,cab crap.any rhd 4 series always gave me back ache,lhd were ok because there was room for both the drivers legs.it was how ever an improvement over the 1857 actros which always broke down even when brand new

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=68185

i rang about a job ages ago said he had 100 aplicants so would be a long wait didnt bother sending the application form back then 3 months later hes advertising :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: