Birds

Has anyone had any dealings with this firm,or does anyone on here work or now anyone that works for them.Was going to see them at their purfleet depot,just wanted some info before i went
thanks.

Linux-user started with them a few months back I’m fairly sure hes in the Purfleet depot doing the continent have a look at this thread.

yep can confirm linux is with them and enjoys it he will proberley pm you at the weekend he’s a right good bloke he will see you straight.

jessicas dad:
yep can confirm linux is with them and enjoys it he will proberley pm you at the weekend he’s a right good bloke he will see you straight.

Shucks, your embarrassing me :blush: :blush: but keep it up :wink: :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

Sorry for the delay in responding Mark as i have been very busy of late.

Yes i do work for Bird’s and can honestly say that they are an excellent company to work for provided you want to drive and not sit on a loading bay for hours at a time, because that doesn’t happen. I normally get to within 10 minutes of my 90hrs every fortnight.

The money is ok for me, i can certainly live on it happily, but you could earn more elsewhere. The motors are all top notch, less than two years old and are mostly Mega space Merc MP2’s at Purfleet and Scania Toplines at Oldbury and Ballyclare.

Most of the Euro work is to Germany and a little bit of France and most of the motors that do Euro work either have, or are in the process of having, the OBU’s fitted which makes life alot easier.

The best bit though is the guys in the traffic office are all ex-drivers and know the score, there is no hassle whatsoever. My phone hasn’t rang for weeks. If you do your work you’ll have no problems, but if you moan about everything and know about everything then the place isn’t for you.

There is a lot of ex M/E drivers there and they, as all others, will go out of there way to help you should you need it and have some great tales to tell when you get the beers in :smiley: :smiley: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Personally i would say give it ago, you’ll have nothing to lose. You will either like it or hate.

If you have any specific questions please feel free to PM me, and i will get back to you ASAP, however at the mo this could take a while.

Linux, are they the type of company that expects maximum driving with minimum breaks? You know the type, pull up at 5pm and YOU WILL be back on the road at 2am the next morning :angry: :angry:

bullitt:
Linux, are they the type of company that expects maximum driving with minimum breaks? You know the type, pull up at 5pm and YOU WILL be back on the road at 2am the next morning :angry: :angry:

No not at all. You are expected to drive your hours, for example if i am leaving Purfleet heading for Stuttgart with a clean card they wouldn’t be happy if i stopped for the night at Wanlin having driven for just 5 hours, unless of course there were delays and my spread had elapsed.

For the breaks again no, i always take my breaks + 10 minutes and have never had a problem. Twice this week i have been parked up by 1030 hrs and didn’t start again until 0200hrs :sunglasses: :sunglasses: As long as the work gets done legally in a reasonable time you won’t get any hassle. As previously stated all the office guys have been drivers and know the score.