Picked up a stowaway today

Remarkably after being hit at 50mph and a journey of around 30 miles on the front of my grille this little fella walked away sorry flew away relatively unscathed.

Once i got to the factory i got out to see if any body work had been cracked and seen him just cuoooing away :laughing:

Opened the engine cover and a big puff of feathers exploded out and off he went :open_mouth:

Its been one of those bizarre weeks, this week ive had run in front of me a deer, a sheep , lost count of the pheasants daft burds that they are :imp: , rabbits , a red squirrel :smiley: and this brave soldier today. Was a strange one all the burds where lying on the road this morning, maybe getting heat from the tarmac■■?

So my kill rate this week is 1 pheasant :laughing:

I picked up this fella about a year ago. Unfortunately he didn’t survive. A blast from the jet wash got him out from behind the grille and also gave him one last glorious flight.

Looks like a chaffinch you got there my good man,Had a blue ■■■ stuck to mine a while ago,very sad never bloody starlings or crows.

I had a similar thing last year with a small pigeon…I was going from chichester to Portsmouth and hit it at 50 and thought “thats him done then”…but when I left the motorway and came to a stop at traffic lights I was amazed to see the thing fly away from my grill…but I swear it gave me a dirty look as it flew away lol

I hit a pheasant yesterday morning near Ross on Wye…i had to chase the bugger over 3 fields but i got him in the end :laughing: :laughing:

I was tipping a load of mixed brick/soil beside our screener one day and the 360 driver started tooting;
He came running up to my cab waving a rather mangled ■■■■■■■■ (a black [zb] as well) yelling “has your Mrs lost something?” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Please read forum Rule #3 and leave off dodging the auto censor in future. dd.

Hope it was a homing pigeon!

I was in a little DAF 45 a few years ago when I hit a pigeon with the mirror and it bounced into the cab via my open window then procedded to fly franicaly round the cab feathers going everywhere, just what I needed as a bus was approaching me on a narrowish country road!

truckerjon:
Hope it was a homing pigeon!

If it was then 30 miles should be no problem for it. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

i had a seagull fly into the front of my truck once down near new romney, kent, it hit the near side corner of the cab and promptly emptied its bowels all over it and the bumper, 'kin disgusting it was,

scania rob:
i had a seagull fly into the front of my truck once down near new romney, kent, it hit the near side corner of the cab and promptly emptied its bowels all over it and the bumper, 'kin disgusting it was,

seagulls give me the boak, their ■■■■■■ are like something out a horror film they can literally cover your whole windscreen. We have a problem with seagulls nesting on our depots roof, now the roof is badly damaged. I offered to bring a airgun in and shoot the lot of them but apparently they’re protected :confused:

Hate them with a passion i would actually love to knock one down but they’re too clever.

merc0447:

scania rob:

seagulls give me the boak, their [zb] are like something out a horror film they can literally cover your whole windscreen. We have a problem with seagulls nesting on our depots roof, now the roof is badly damaged. I offered to bring a airgun in and shoot the lot of them but apparently they’re protected :confused:

Hate them with a passion i would actually love to knock one down but they’re too clever.

Very true, apparantly they are protected by the queen, except on the farne islands. This is the only place where the wardens are allowed to go and break their eggs.

Sad to say, a couple of months ago, an owl flew straight into my windscreen. He bounced off and I guess it was an instant death, but not before he left a perfect ghost image of his face and wings…

Pheasants are fairly regular suicide candidates.

hope you stopped and picked up the pheasant, skin it and half an hour in the pressure cooker you’ve got the tastiest meal going! I’m not surprised about the pigeon, they’ re pretty tough creatures. Years ago in my shooting days, many’s the time I’ve heard shotgun pellets rattling off their wings and them flying away unscathed.

i had a bloody seagull think it could outrun my truck…i was in a daf cf85…well it sorta lost it smacked against the windscreen then went over the truck, dont know where it ended up though.

merc0447:

scania rob:

seagulls give me the boak, their [zb] are like something out a horror film they can literally cover your whole windscreen. We have a problem with seagulls nesting on our depots roof, now the roof is badly damaged. I offered to bring a airgun in and shoot the lot of them but apparently they’re protected :confused:

not when it comes to food , as would regularly get ploughed in when i was ploughing :unamused:

Got off the boat from a trip that included city centre deliveries in paris barca and madrid unscathed and was driving up the A3 towards London , when a pheasant flew in to the screen, it didn’t break , i thought result :smiley: , it then rolled up the screen and destroyed the sun visor :frowning: , it looked lovely for a couple of weeks till we got a new one. Also can’t remember who told me this but, some local yob’s had fed some seagulls, Alca seltzer tablets, once the gulls had a drink of water the tablets fizzed up inside the gulls and they stated dropping like stones, cruel ,maybe not even true

i’m always running over peasants. :laughing:

G/day mate, I think your brakes need adjusting :cry: .

mushroomman:
G/day mate, I think your brakes need adjusting :cry: .

what do they taste like?