Lucky escape.

One of our drivers picked up this hitch hiker today on the M6 going over the Eden in Carlisle.[emoji15] Dread to think what would have happened if the swan came in via the drivers side of the windscreen.

Exact same thing happened to a guy I know a few years ago. It was a MAN XXL, massive windscreen.
There was a big red stain on the passenger seat… and a big brown one on the driver’s :laughing:

Agency bird.

This is what you get

Blimey that’s a mess. Well I’ve had the odd pheasant bounce off the windscreen but I have always hoped that nothing could actually come through it.

That’s Christmas dinner sorted… :open_mouth:

Cosmic:
Blimey that’s a mess. Well I’ve had the odd pheasant bounce off the windscreen but I have always hoped that nothing could actually come through it.

I know pheasants can make a mess of plastic bumpers and grills etc, but I didn’t realise a swan was so heavy that it would actually come through the screen.[emoji15]

damoq:
One of our drivers picked up this hitch hiker today on the M6 going over the Eden in Carlisle.[emoji15] Dread to think what would have happened if the swan came in via the drivers side of the windscreen.

A swan? That’s him on the Queen’s shytt list.

Good job it didn’t come through the driver’s side. Can break a man’s arm you know.

Stick it on Ebay, the EE’s love those :slight_smile:

That’s a cracker right enough, I’ve had a pheasant smash a mirror housing, a pigeon stuck in my grill but I’ve never thought anything could possibly come though the windscreen. Swans are one to avoid in the future me thinks :laughing:

I’m still trying to work out how the swan was lucky? :open_mouth:

merc0447:
That’s a cracker right enough, I’ve had a pheasant smash a mirror housing, a pigeon stuck in my grill but I’ve never thought anything could possibly come though the windscreen. Swans are one to avoid in the future me thinks [emoji38]

He said it sounded like a bomb had gone off in the cab too when it hit. Can imagine in must have been loud due to the mess it made right enough. I ■■■■ my pants when a pigeon bounces of my windscreen. God knows what I’d be like if a swan even crash landed in my cab.[emoji50]

Good thing he / she managed to control the truck to the side instead of crashing into something - must have been a hell of a shock!

As the river is likely flooded currently, I wonder if the swan mistook the M6 for the Eden depending whether it came at the truck straight on. I guess if a pheasant flew high enough it would have similar effects…not good. Wonder if with a truck windscreen being fairly flat and head-on vs a car which tends to curve, maybe they are more likely to be damaged?

Still trying to work out how agency swan came through the window.

What was this person driving, an Iveco or something else also made of cardboard and cling film?

What did the swan have in its beak, a mallet?

that’s a shame :frowning:

…if the swan was wearing his hi-viz then the driver would of seen him earlier and avoided him !! :laughing:

James the cat:
Still trying to work out how agency swan came through the window.

What was this person driving, an Iveco or something else also made of cardboard and cling film?

What did the swan have in its beak, a mallet?

Not sure how it managed to get through the window. Don’t even think the driver knows. Took him a few minutes to figure out what had happened due to the fright and how instantly it happened. But you might be onto something about it having a mallet in his beak. But looks like it was more likely a sledgehammer.[emoji3]

He was driving a 15plate MAN.

The swan was off to meet the queen, so wearing it’s diamond tiara! :wink:

used to do cash in transit work years ago, pigeon hit the grill on drivers window, which was open, and split open, covered us in blood and ■■■■ but for a few seconds we actually thought someone had took a pot shot at us,

Question… What was the last thing to go through it’s mind?

Answer…It’s arse.

axletramp:
Question… What was the last thing to go through it’s mind?

Answer…It’s arse.

:laughing: :laughing:

swan and chips…sorted :wink:
I had a pheasant break the windscreen and demolish the visor of a magnum I had after 4 days in the job…didn’t go down well and I was being made to pay for it till I put him on a pallet and lifted him up so he could pick its dangler off of the roof.