Stupid Pheasants!

I thought I would share this with you. Ignore the date and time on it as it’s wrong but it is from last summer, just after sunrise on my way to Southminster on a Saturday morning. As I came round a bend the noise from the engine scared a pheasant but rather than flying away from trouble and it flew straight into the path of the truck and hit my windscreen. I knew nothing about it till the ‘BOOM’ on the windscreen and it was a lot louder than the video would suggest. It scared the bloomin crap out of me!!

The result was the windscreen was completely shattered although there was no hole and the plastic film outside the glass held it all in shape. I managed to still get the job for that day done and hoped I didn’t get a pull. It was replaced back at the yard on the Monday morning.

youtube.com/watch?v=yXSUEKk … e=youtu.be

Squirrels too i find stupid, one minute they’ve seemed to move out of your way only at the last minute to turn around and run straight back out into the road again, but it did make a good thud against the windscreen.

Bloody ell. tall bloody squirrel :open_mouth:

I was driving from East Grinstead to Haywards Heath in Summer 2013. Road was absolutely plastered in dead pheasants, about one every 50 yds on average. Came across one, and thought bloody hell, he was a big 'un to be be that big after being run over. At which point he took to the air from his slumber -dozy twonk- and went straight through the grille of my LF. Diameter of the damage must have been a good foot across.

Now you will probably all laugh in disbelief but when I was on the road I found the pheasants in Scotland far less suicidal than the ones in England. Honestly. Anyone else noticed this or is it all my imagination?

I got one on Friday coming back from Hull. Flew into the passenger window and bounced off. Made a hell of a bang. No damage to the truck.

Not the case for our feathered friend.

I had one once - I was in a rigid and it bounced off the screen and hit the box front. Hell of a bang.

I stopped to go back for it (casserole pheasant yummy) and saw a load of feathers on the grass. When I got near, it took off like a startled - err - pheasant. Tough they are.

This little sod flew out in front of my car last Sunday travelling up the A49 towards Shrewsbury. I was doing 70 overtaking a car and caravan at the time.

The cost of replacing the Grill insert from ford is £119, plus the bumper has to come off.

Im gunna top you all here :wink: ,i was on my way to work in the car,a pheasant hit my windscreen ,when i was getting over the shock a owl flew into my drivers side window :open_mouth: its a good job the window was shut it was the size of a bear,i stuck it in the boot and my mates dad had it stuffed and put on his room wall :astonished: ,true story that :neutral_face:

roughyed:
This little sod flew out in front of my car last Sunday travelling up the A49 towards Shrewsbury. I was doing 70 overtaking a car and caravan at the time.

Just give it a minute or two and someone will come along and state it were the caravanner’s fault :slight_smile:

wikihow.com/Avoid-a-Moose-or-Deer-Collision

Had the same thing with a pigeon coming up keele bank 5am one monday morning , frightened the life out of me smashed the windscreen which had only been in a week after some scrote decided to put a brick thru it at 1230 am in wednesfield whilst i was asleep :open_mouth:

roughyed:

The cost of replacing the Grill insert from ford is £119, plus the bumper has to come off.

Speeding kills…pheasants!

I had one hit my little Fiesta at 60mph. Made one hell of a thump. Smashed my number plate up and make a massive crack in the bumper. I was not a happy boy lets just say.

Radar19:
I had one hit my little Fiesta at 60mph. Made one hell of a thump. Smashed my number plate up and make a massive crack in the bumper. I was not a happy boy lets just say.

just be thank full you wernt in a 2cv it would of been a write off and the bird would of had a headache

mattgump:
I thought I would share this with you. Ignore the date and time on it as it’s wrong but it is from last summer, just after sunrise on my way to Southminster on a Saturday morning. As I came round a bend the noise from the engine scared a pheasant but rather than flying away from trouble and it flew straight into the path of the truck and hit my windscreen. I knew nothing about it till the ‘BOOM’ on the windscreen and it was a lot louder than the video would suggest. It scared the bloomin crap out of me!!

The result was the windscreen was completely shattered although there was no hole and the plastic film outside the glass held it all in shape. I managed to still get the job for that day done and hoped I didn’t get a pull. It was replaced back at the yard on the Monday morning.

youtube.com/watch?v=yXSUEKk … e=youtu.be

That is because you took the Lower Burnham Road, the pheasants are about earlier on that one, If you had gone through Latchingdon on the main road you would have been fine !!!

Confession time I caused a white owl to meet its doom.It was a French owl-does that count? 4 a.m ,raining hard owl on road,tried to take off hit A pillar and lodged itself on left mirror arm.Dead,but looking at me.Still makes me shudder. :cry:

hit one a few months back in the works van. put a decent sized crack in front bumper. work reckons it was my fault. yeah right… and in the real world…

I hit a bat on the M9 last September when subbing for Tesco. I know it was a bat because it stuck to the windscreen for 10-15 seconds like some sort of reverse garfield. No idea if I killed it or just stunned it though

Is it an old wife’s take that YOU can’t stop to pick them up for the pot but the bloke behind can?