New job

Starting my new job tomorrow morning, Went for assessment on Tuesday with CJ Bird and was offered the job on class 2 :slight_smile:

It is my first tramping job and I’ve been getting my kit together through the week but I’m on a bit of a budget till I start getting paid.

This sound ok for the basics.

Tooth brush & paste
Wet wipes
Deodorant
Carrier bags
Knife, fork, spoon
Bowl
Plate
Cup
Frying pan & sauce pan
Single hob gas camping stove
x2 5l bottle of water
Food (suitable storage at room temp)
Long life milk
Clothes
Lots of cd’s :slight_smile:
Pens
Paper
Sat nav
Map
Adapter for USB to charge phone

I think that’s everything I’ve got so far but no fridge!! can I manage a week or two without a fridge? All the food I got is out of the packet boil stuff and the long life milk, how long do they last at room temp once opened, it is resealable btw.

I don’t even know when my first night out is, Monday could be a day run for all I know but I need to be prepared anyway.

I find soap n towel comes in handy :smiley:

Lol yeah got in the house ready forgot to add to the list :slight_smile:

Good luck with the new job mate. Your list sounds pretty comprehensive to me! :smiley:

■■■■.

air freshner

Good luck with the new job mate :slight_smile:

Get a kettle for you stove - I couldn’t live without mine. You can make a brew and also nice hot water for a wash when you need one :wink: Oh and also get a washing up bowl - great bit of kit for all sort of things

Best of luck with the new job. Hope it all works out for you. I remember when one of the pic threads came up, there was a CJ Bird truck in there but can’t for the life of me remember who it was.

Maybe they will appear soon to give you some insider info :wink:

I would also take some paracetamol tablets, earplugs .

dar1976:
Best of luck with the new job. Hope it all works out for you. I remember when one of the pic threads came up, there was a CJ Bird truck in there but can’t for the life of me remember who it was.

Maybe they will appear soon to give you some insider info :wink:

Daidap is on for CJ Bird I think! Good luck with the new job! You can never have enough wet wipes when tramping! :wink:

Dont forget some shower stuff like shower gel and shampoo
Towel
Flip flops?
■■■■■■■ dressing gown? :slight_smile:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah it is dai, i’ve already pm’d him :slight_smile:

Got pretty much everything that has been mentioned. I was just a bit concerned bout the fridge thing. I should be ok till my first pay tho

stupid question, what are the wet wipes for? is it to wipe your back side with? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Laptop for tv or DVDs
Empty 5litre bottle to take a ■■■■■ In :slight_smile:

Books perhaps?

Motorway services showers are usually free but take flip flops as most arent that clean and you dont know who has used it before you! Hands free for phone.Most people keep milk on the top step if they dont have a fridge,just buy enough to last that day night at a time.If you havent got a tv then you will be bored on a night unless you have a portable dvd player.

Can’t afford an adapter for the laptop just yet so a book will have to do me

Iv just invested in a ps vita thanks to a member on this forum :slight_smile:

Books are another good thing, Nuts, Zoo, truck and driver

I will be getting a hand held gaming system when I’ve got the spare cash trust me lol … I’d have my 360 and a massive tv in the cab if I could haha

LR18-8:
I will be getting a hand held gaming system when I’ve got the spare cash trust me lol … I’d have my 360 and a massive tv in the cab if I could haha

you could if you added an inverter to your list :grimacing: